45 cal good?

Wojo14

WKR
I am looking to get an inline for Spot and stalk Black bear and late season Mule Deer.
Is 45 cal good?
I am looking at the Ultra lite from Knight

~Wojo

Probably a good debate here especially since black bear is on the docket. However, I think that the .45 is more than adequate. In my opinion, if treated like the short range weapon it is intended to be then a .45 with good projectiles is a great choice and will in most instances provide a flatter trajectory with devastating terminal performance. I have noticed that even the muzzleloaders marketed today for the longer range stuff are .45 caliber for the reasons I listed above.
I have no experience with the Knight Ultralite but believe that the biggest hinderance is getting the pellets and bullets etc. for it at least in recent months.

ENCORE

WKR
45's will do anything a 50 can do and in general better.

45cal rifles are the rifles winning all matches.

sheffe

FNG
45's will do anything a 50 can do and in general better.

45cal rifles are the rifles winning all matches.
Encore is right!
Especially when you look at being able to eliminate the sabot from the picture. running bullets true to bore leaves less room for error IMO. The new LR powerbelts in 45 cal are pretty slick!

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
45cal is far more versatile if you want to get into sabotless with a adjustable sizing die and with the new 250gr 40cals for sabots it will flat out smoke most 50cals shooting a 250gr bullet. If conicals are on the menu, a 45cal conical the same weight as a 50cal will have a better BC almost always and always a better SD.

In general i find them much more enoyable overall especially for when you want to have fun at the range for hours.