454 bullet creep

Hello all. I have a 454 casull ruger alaskan redharwk/45 long colt combo 2 inch barrel. Before I started reloading for it I learned about how the bullet can work it’s way out of the case because of recoil. To combat this problem, a significant amount of crimp is necessary. Here’s my problem, I’ve tried everything with the 300 grain XTP and the bullets are still coming out slightly after 5 rounds are shot. I’ve put all the crimp I can on the load before it starts crushing the case and the bullet still comes out a little. Here’s my question, will I have this problem with lighter bullets?

There are solutions to this problem. Besides a heavy crimp, do not "bell" the case mouth but for the very slightest amount possible, if any if you can seat the bullets w/o crushing the case. Ensure there is no sizing lube inside the case...really clean the case after sizing. Plus, you can take a few thousandths off of the case expander button to make for more friction between the case and the bullet(or try not using the expander button at all if that works). You can also use a bullet sealer compound on the bullet. All of these things combined make a huge difference. There is one last resort technique that absolutely works but I wont go into that here. I have had the bullet jump issues with 454's w/ heavy bullets at high velocity and 500 S&W w/ heavy bullets at high velocity in a lightweight 4" bbl SINGLE ACTION revolver. Lighter bullets will likely not jump as much or at all and is a good choice for most applications....but try the above mentioned items before throwing in the towel.

OP
A
Hello all. I have a 454 casull ruger alaskan redharwk/45 long colt combo 2 inch barrel. Before I started reloading for it I learned about how the bullet can work it’s way out of the case because of recoil. To combat this problem, a significant amount of crimp is necessary. Here’s my problem, I’ve tried everything with the 300 grain XTP and the bullets are still coming out slightly after 5 rounds are shot. I’ve put all the crimp I can on the load before it starts crushing the case and the bullet still comes out a little. Here’s my question, will I have this problem with lighter bullets?
Awesome thanks for the tips. Yeah I thought about doing lighter loads and I will eventually. But I have 300, 300 grain XTPs that I have to use. Maybe I’ll get lucky and find a lever action 454 for sale somewhere.