454 Casull? Looking for advice.

jeffpg

WKR
I have many different 454’s and a S&W performance center XVR 460 magnum with the 12” fluted bbl. The Smith is scary accurate, especially with milder recoiling loads such as Hornadys 200 grains FTX. 3” groups at 200 yards are common but the power is questionable.

My Toklat is just lovely as previously stated here. It’s an extension of my Ruger Alaskan.

The real go to hunter is my 8 3/8 inch barreled Taurus Raging Bull. It’s ported and heavy & much more manageable with my preferred Buffalo Bore 360 grain hardcasts than the 460 is with the same exact load. I dropped a mature bull moose with it with power to spare.
They’re all pussycats with 45 ammo.
You’ll love the Toklat!

Stalker69

WKR
I’ve got a 454 casuall barrel for my encore, 2-7 scope and it shoots very well out to 100 yards( as far as I’ve shot it, and plenty far for its purpose) playing card group size is normal at 100 yards. I’ve killed an elk with it is all. Recoil ain’t bad but its a pretty heavy handgun compared to these shorter revolvers.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Super Blackhawk Bisley 454 Casull and shoot it fairly well. Yes recoil is a bear, all puns intended! I shoot everything from relatively mild 45LC to full house 454 Casull out of it. For now I've settled on 45LC HSM +P 325gr LWFN ammunition. Basically it's about a mid strength 454 round and I shoot it well. I've taken everything from hogs to large black bear with it and the recoil isn't really that bad.