4570 subsonic

Budda

FNG
Anyone try the hornady 410 grain subsonic ammo, or any subsonic 4570 ammo? I have a hybrid 46 can and was looking at getting a threaded 4570 but I do not reload, so I saw Hornady and Maker have subsonic 4570 ammo but I can’t find any place that has it in stock. Was wondering if anyone ever used it before.

robtattoo

WKR
I too load subsonics for my 1873 & 1885 target guns. 510gn hard cast at 1100fps
I loaded them out of necessity. It's impossible to keep a .45 bullet supersonic at 800yds & my accuracy was all over the board starting them any quicker.

OP
B

Budda

FNG
I load my own subsonic bullets. I buy all my bullets from maker very good bullets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You got the 350, 400 or 500 grain from Maker? I talked to Paul (owner) a little bit but he has been really busy with his other business and hasn't had time to make more on the ammo side...

Hoghead

WKR
Depending on what you are doing. I shoot hogs at close range with dogs. Currently I use a .50 300gr maker at 1150fps. Opens perfectly every time. Paul is great he custom designed those for my lever action.

OP
B

Budda

FNG
Depending on what you are doing. I shoot hogs at close range with dogs. Currently I use a .50 300gr maker at 1150fps. Opens perfectly every time. Paul is great he custom designed those for my lever action.

I just got off the phone with Paul. I am going to get brass and primers and he is going to work up a load for me later this month. Other option is to buy the 500 grainers and learn to reload them myself. I like Paul alot, he is a great guy, he just stays really really busy. He is making bullets as we speak but actual ammo is on the backburner for right now due to the amount of volume in bullets he is being hit up for.