46 Rail

I figured that had died. I followed that a few years ago with high hopes but gave up and hadnt heard anything about in a long time. Assuming your talking about the clothing line from the FMP guys in northern Utah?

2rocky

WKR
I figured that had died. I followed that a few years ago with high hopes but gave up and hadnt heard anything about in a long time. Assuming your talking about the clothing line from the FMP guys in northern Utah?

I hear you on this. They have a Facebook page that has been putting out "Cryptic Buzz" more frequently. After seeing the Kuiu Supply/demand ups and downs I'm certainly cautious. They got a lot of input from bowhnters on what they want. Time will tell if they can price it so that hunters put their money where their mouth is.

South Cox is the co-owner... I think it will be ok gear but they just started looking at merino wool within the last year. The speed to market has been glacial.

aggieland

WKR

Spot on.!!! Started off ablaze and now Kuiu, Sitka, First Light, etc have taken their place.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
They must be getting something going. South call and asked me for a sponsor packet.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome S2 Bowstrings...

South is very detailed oriented. If he is part of 46 Rail, it will be a good product. Just because he currently wears Kuiu doesn't mean much if 46 Rail is just in its infancy.

Time will tell. If they keep a large stick on hand with no 12 week plus waiting on orders, they will do fine.

I did some research. S2 bowstrings... I see that you are just a huge South fan and shoot his bows. Welcome aboard Rokslide!

Yes, to be honest, I'm friends with South and since someone asked about 46Rail, I decided to "chime in". Until now, I haven't felt like I was able to contribute since I primarily hunt in Hawaii, which is not the "Western DIY Hunting". I heard about the site through Darin, who has always been patient about helping me with tuning questions in the past. I do enjoy this site and find a lot of relevant material, it's just that I didn't feel that I could contribute given my bowhunting background. The one cool part about Hawaii though is we're able to bowhunt 365 days a year!

My real name is Ryan Sanpei and I only hunt with South's bows these days. I haven't been on a western backcountry hunt before but hope to do so one day if my work schedule permits. The only thing that I did that's "semi-related" to western DIY backcountry is I recently edited a film of South that's in this years Full Draw Film Tour. Here's the teaser for those that are interested. https://vimeo.com/channels/190729/63175973

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Aloha!
Ryan

Last edited:
For more information about myself or about hunting Hawaii feel free to "friend" me on Facebook. Ryan N Staci Bowhunt-Hawaii

I didn't mean to "stir anything up"

Thank you!
Ryan Sanpei

Thanks 7mag.

Here are a couple pics. South and I were working on a prototype back in October.

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1047-1.jpg

Yes, South had been hunting in kuiu for the last two seasons. The 46RAIL sample products just came in and from here on out, South will be sporting 46RAIL.

Ryan

Last edited:

aggieland

WKR
Ryan, I may be mistaken but I believe I have seen you in several Kuiu youtube clips right? Also saw one that I think was your tieing a moveable string nock right? Are you no longer with KUIU ? Glad to see some of the Trad viedos on the net I switched to trad a few years back and sure have enjoyed it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I'm willing to bet they will put out some decent gear. If there prices aren't ridiculous like Sitka's, I'm game.

Aggieland,
Yes, that's me in those videos. I also made a few more for guys that are just getting into stickbows. It's just basic stuff though. We have them on South's site. http://www.stalkerstickbows.com/new-to-stickbows/ http://www.stalkerstickbows.com/new-to-shooting/
I need to work on a bunch more, but we've been busy editing the film for FDFT.

About kuiu, there was a time when I was with sitka and it was Jason who brought me onboard. So when he left, I didn't feel "right" about staying since it was Jason's decision to have me with sitka. As far as I know, Jason never had a "pro staff" and I just helped as a "friend". But as I mentioned before, I'm not the "hardcore backcountry" guy so after kuiu was established, I slowly faded away.

It's been great meeting you guys. Let me know if I can help in any way regarding stickbows. I don't know the backcountry, but I do know stickbows. :)

Aloha from Hawaii,
Ryan