4runner

I have an SR5 Premium and love it. I would have gotten an off road edition but I got a good deal on mine. It's more than capable on forest service roads and does great in the snow. It has taken me everywhere I wanted to go. Only con I can think of is they aren't very good for towing but if you're looking at a 4Runner I am guessing you're not planning on towing anything.

I tow with my 2011 Trail all the time and it works just fine. In regards to the new TRD Pro 4Runners they are nice but a bit pricey. I thought about trading in my Trail but just really like what I have and its paid for so I will keep it:)
413515279.jpg

413442220.jpg

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Wife drives a 19 TRD off road premium. We love it. Traded in a Jeep Sahara and like the Toyota much better... Could not stomach the price of the Pro but the Premium was a nice compromise. Only small complaint is fuel economy but we knew that getting into it. I like the thing so much my next truck will probably be a Tundra.

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2016 trail that I absolutely love. Goes anywhere and great if you have kids too. I pulled a 6x12 trailer loaded with all our stuff from Tennessee to Montana when we moved and it did fine. It’s not gonna toe like an f250 but it’ll do most chores fine. It’s awesome on the forest roads here.DDA2A49B-E805-496D-A3A1-EBCA66A19327.jpeg

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2016 trail that I absolutely love. Goes anywhere and great if you have kids too. I pulled a 6x12 trailer loaded with all our stuff from Tennessee to Montana when we moved and it did fine. It’s not gonna toe like an f250 but it’ll do most chores fine. It’s awesome on the forest roads here.View attachment 194291
X2. I also had an 05 4runner that I used to tow a trailer with a tractor on it. That 4runner is still in the family. Gave it to my mom. I use my 16 for hunting and it works awesome!

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Serious question, after owning a Taco and a Tundra, both crew cab TRDs, why would someone pay the premium for a 4Runner. I feel like they are comparable in price to a Tundra. I’m looking at getting a good boat hauler and hunting vehicle that’ll fit 3 car seats and I’m most likely going with another Tundra (when I can pay cash for it). I just feel like the 4Runner is too pricey for what you get when compared to a Taco or Tundra. Don’t get me wrong they are freaking sweet, I’m just looking for someone to explain what I’m missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTHunter20

Lil-Rokslider
Serious question, after owning a Taco and a Tundra, both crew cab TRDs, why would someone pay the premium for a 4Runner. I feel like they are comparable in price to a Tundra. I’m looking at getting a good boat hauler and hunting vehicle that’ll fit 3 car seats and I’m most likely going with another Tundra (when I can pay cash for it). I just feel like the 4Runner is too pricey for what you get when compared to a Taco or Tundra. Don’t get me wrong they are freaking sweet, I’m just looking for someone to explain what I’m missing.

FWIW I looked at Tacomas too and didn’t find them any cheaper than 4runners. Comparable Tundras were way more when I was looking. 4runners are a lot more useful, IMO than a truck bed 90 percent of the time. Especially when you consider how small a Tacoma’s bed is.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
We also have a crewmax trd offroad 4x4 tundra. While its got a lot of power and interior room being a crewmax, it does use a lot of fuel. We mainly use it when we are hauling items. Typically we use the 4runner for trips and daily use.

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2019 SR5 4runner. Could not justify the extra money for the TRD and wanted a 3rd row which is only in the SR5 or limited.
Put in a set of Bilstein 6112's and new coils in back for a 2" lift, and still came in way under the price of upgrading to the TRD. Have been happy so far.

Grumman

WKR
Have you looked at the Lexus GX460? They are marketed as a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado in the overseas market and get Lexus badging for the US market. All wheel drive with a V8 engine that can tow. It’ll be my hunting rig when my wife gets done with hers. They might not cost much more than a dealer marked up TRD Pro.

N2TRKYS

WKR
If you’re gonna keep it stock, the Pro will be fine. I was gonna get a SR5, because I was gonna build it the way I wanted it anyway. Found a great deal on a TRD Off-road, so I bought it. I’ve been very happy with it so far. Gonna take it out West next year, hopefully.
DAC39FF4-576B-4413-B9FC-FB0F83C8DA3D.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Eltigreblanco
I didnt look at the Lexus. I found a dealer that doesnt charge a markup and will almost give me what I paid for my current truck

psirus7

WKR
Great vehicle. Get the off-road and use the $$$ you saved on recovery gear or suspension upgrades! 😎

We have only put about 800 miles on out 2020 trd premium but so far we like it quite a bit. Might invest in a pedal commander some day for the sluggish first gear start.

MattB

WKR
Great vehicles, cruddy gas mileage. Like others said, buy a lower version and upgrade the suspension yourself to get what you want at a lower cost.