4X4 leveling.

TwoTikkas

WKR
Anyone here ever level their GM 1500 4X4? I'm looking at a couple leveling kits and was curious if anybody here has done that. Thanks a bunch, Two Tikkas.

a3dhunter

WKR
yep, year model is the key.
I have a 2000 model I did it to.
Increased the ride stiffness which helped keep me from bottoming out when off road.

The 07' and up are easier and offer a better ride.
Make sure to get an alignment after doing it.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
She's a 2010 Silverado. I hate the running down hill thing. Ground clearance at the spoiler is about nill. Can't see crawling in and out of Porcupine Gulch with it this way. We should draw Colorado 67 again in 2013,and I might be taking my truck this trip for my daughter and I. I'll be towing my own camper for her and I to camp in so as not to cramp anyone's style in the other. Oh she has heard the occasional cuss word,but I don't want to make the other fellas up tight. This way I can haul our geer and accomodations out and have a set of wheels to get around in. At any rate. I want to even the old girl out before she gets any older. The truck that is,not the daughter. Easier getting things loose and back together with 32,000 miles on them opposed to 62,000.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are many kits out there that will do a good job. I have only owned Ford and on all my half tons that I have owned I put on a 2" to 2 1/2" leveling kit int he front with add-a-leafs in the rear, approx 1" in rear of lift. I have also done this with my 3/4 ton now and love the results. A good leveling kit will not change as much as you think if you go with a good quality kit. If you settle for something cheaper it could put more stress on certain parts. The leveling kits I use always maintain all the same angles doe to supplying all the parts needed to make the changes of the additional lift. You will never get away from faster wear but it sure does help!

Vandal 44

WKR
P1020307.jpg

Get yourself one of these. It has 287,000 miles, same engine, transmission and trasfer case. I have done the ball joints only once.

a3dhunter

WKR
Get yourself one of these. It has 287,000 miles, same engine, transmission and trasfer case. I have done the ball joints only once.

I had one, an 87', got rid of it when it needed the second motor.

2010 Chevrolet is pretty easy to level and won't put additional stress on other parts like the old torsion bar system would.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
View attachment 2701

I've had an 83 and a 78 Bronco. They were pretty good machines. I will say that the variable ventury carb on the 83 was a piece of crap. The 78 was pretty good outside of the front brakes. They do make a sharp ride done up right. Yours by the way is done up fine! Nice ride.