5.5 foot bed sleeping pad

Mossy

WKR
The plan is a canopy for the truck next year due to a bear issue I had during archery elk this year. Looking for mattress ideas that’ll fit the bed of my truck. I know I’ll have to sleep diagonal

• Banned
OP
M

Mossy

WKR
3c084772f750fbd1fa85720229130871.jpg
4f385249002a780566c73160a0b3edb8.jpg
673f7cc441a884c10d8dd793ed769966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. Bear fence?

Depending on your truck, diagonal gives you about 6.5 feet of space. A normal sleeping pad should do OK. I have a,so seen this guy:

• Banned
OP
M

Mossy

WKR
I just used an old mattress topper pad from my bed in the house. I cut it and doubled it that worked pretty good

He took off with my new exped megamat so I had my backup folded mattress pad for the last 2 days. Not sure it would work for 10 days in the bed of my truck

slick

WKR
I bought a cot pad from cabelas was like $100 and it’s the best sleep I get. It’s foam and the R value is somewhere in the 5-6 range so plenty warm with a proper sleeping bag.

Werty

WKR
We had a grizzly chewing on our spare tire on our rv one night, heard it just didn't know what I was hearing. Best part was my head was 2' away.

accumax

FNG
I bought 2 of these Dreamzone 3 way fold up mattresses. They are 3.5-4" thick and fit perfectly in the back of my Toyota Tacoma. I was worried about R-Value as they are not closed cell foam, but I spent the night around 15 degrees and was toasty warm with a good sleeping bag. What I really liked was that I could put the fold up mattresses in the back seat of my cab when I had a mule deer taking up space on my drive home.a%aNtlAyTAWVPjc%TCBdOA.jpg

OP
M

Mossy

WKR
I bought 2 of these Dreamzone 3 way fold up mattresses. They are 3.5-4" thick and fit perfectly in the back of my Toyota Tacoma. I was worried about R-Value as they are not closed cell foam, but I spent the night around 15 degrees and was toasty warm with a good sleeping bag. What I really liked was that I could put the fold up mattresses in the back seat of my cab when I had a mule deer taking up space on my drive home.View attachment 138499

I think that’s the way I’m going to go, thanks! Being able to fold them up will be a big plus.

dtrkyman

WKR
I like the fold up mattress idea, anyone have experience with memory foam when its cold? Does it get hard?

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a 2013 Ford with a 5.5 bed and a camper. The deal i found on CL for a camper included a bed rug, so my insulation is already much better than the aluminum bed i was using last year. Best thing i did was "borrow" lawn chair cushions from dad for the season ;)

sasquatch

WKR
I bought 2 of these Dreamzone 3 way fold up mattresses. They are 3.5-4" thick and fit perfectly in the back of my Toyota Tacoma. I was worried about R-Value as they are not closed cell foam, but I spent the night around 15 degrees and was toasty warm with a good sleeping bag. What I really liked was that I could put the fold up mattresses in the back seat of my cab when I had a mule deer taking up space on my drive home.View attachment 138499

I assume you sleep with the tailgate down and topper door up? Works good? Every got rained on?

ianpadron

WKR
I bought a cot pad from cabelas was like $100 and it’s the best sleep I get. It’s foam and the R value is somewhere in the 5-6 range so plenty warm with a proper sleeping bag.
Agreed. I crash on mine in the back of my 4Runner all the time, comfy AF

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

accumax

FNG
I assume you sleep with the tailgate down and topper door up? Works good? Every got rained on?

I'm 6'4 and I can comfortably sleep on an angle across bed with the tailgate closed and topper door closed. I open both topper side windows 1-2 inches for ventilation to try and reduce condensation. On the 15 Degree night in Nov, there was still a fair amount of ice that formed on fibreglass ceiling of topper.

OP
M

Mossy

WKR
Looks like I’ll be picking up another tent this year cause I can’t find a canopy. Maybe some suggestions to keep the black bears away from the tent?

sasquatch

WKR
Get a foot-box for extended length at ease. Mattress topper for mattress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro