5 in a cab

Carr5vols

WKR
Has anyone road 24+ hours with 5 guys in the truck. I have done 26 hours with 2 adults and 2 13 yr old boys, but wandering how it went with 5 guys. Truck is a crewcab f250, and we drive straight through. Dad, brother, son, and brotherinlaw???

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I would need more space personally. Max we ride in crew cab F350's is four.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

KJStechly

Lil-Rokslider
I did 31 hours straight through with 2 other guys in a crew cab Cummins. Just put it this way: I was ready to ride on the roof after the first 12 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Should have said its my truck and other riders are my dad, my son, my brother, and my brother in law.

I'd need more space too. Are you camping or staying in motels or at a lodge? I know for me and my buddies we need a couple trucks just to hold tents and stoves and our camping stuff. If your backpack hunting then maybe you could get by with one rig. Or pulling a trailer would work too. I'd still need more room in the cab though, thats a tight fit for 24 hours.

3 people in the cab for us on a 24 hour drive. 4 would be doable but tight.

If you bring another truck, it also provides more options for you all if you want to split up hunting and also covers your butt if one truck has mechanical problems on the way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we did it, but my BIL is 5'nothing and put his stinky feet on the center console the whole way because he was stuck in the middle back seet

kpk

WKR
21 hours with 5 guys when I was in my early/mid twenties. Did it twice - wouldn't do it again.

We've driven 18 hours with 5 guys in an extended (not crew) cab F250 a few times. It's doable but not ideal. As the youngest/smallest in the group, I spent the most time in the middle seat.

I've done 4 for 18 hours with guys all averaging 220lbs and all over 6 ft.

As long as nothing else needs to be in the cab, the a/c works good, and you are all ok with each other it can be done. 4 was not bad at all, 5 wouldn't be great but is doable.

Other thing to consider, and i hate to be morbid. But if an accident happens on the interstate and it's a bad one you are putting a hell of a hurt on your family.

Not that 3 in a vehicle wouldn't, I'm just saying taking 5 from a family in one shot would be beyond earth shattering.

Lot of pros and cons either way.

bwlacy

WKR
I don't know how you would fit 5 guys gear in the bed of 1 truck. Maybe you could with a cap. Just 5 bow cases takes up most of the space. The most we do anymore is 2 per truck. The rest of the truck if full of gear. Maybe if we hauled a trailer we could do 4 in a crew cab.

Opah

WKR
Between the Farts, snoring and Pee stops it took more like 30 hours, each person driving 6 hours
And don't let anyone take the shoes or boots off, that shit just don't dissipate !