5 in a cab

I have done multiple long trips with 4 men. There was a time I averaged 60k miles a year on my work truck. These were all co workers..I like 3..Never done it with family. YMMV

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Nothing in the cab but people. We are all about 6 ft 200. Plan is Gear under diamomdback, coolers and other water resistant items on top of diamomdback, then other items on hitch hauler. We run pretty minimalist on gear. Everyone gets one backpack, one duffel bag, one cooler, one gun case.

Can always rent a small uhaul trailer if needed, keeps stuff dry and leaves some room for incidentals.

And if your Brother in law gets mouthy. . .😉

Clarence

WKR
We do 3 in a crew cab truck. Make a sleeper out of the back. Drive straight thru. Normally 32-34 hours.

Hopefully everyone gets along.
We did the same last year. 2 years ago had 4..never again. Three is perfect.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I suggest that all five agree to no beans, broccoli, pickled eggs or cabbage be consumed in the 24 hours prior to the trip.

What fun would that be? As the driver, I would be LOADING UP. Plus, you can push the lock button so nobody can open the windows!

Rotate counter clockwise every hour. Driver that just completed shift gets to drink one soda from the cooler, all others are restricted to water or coffee at all other times. Front passenger becomes undisputed DJ. This way nobody gets stuck driving, in the middle, or in back the entire time and the driver gets something to look forward to at the end of their shift.

What fun would that be? As the driver, I would be LOADING UP. Plus, you can push the lock button so nobody can open the windows!

Guys I rode with last year still tell stories. They literally rode miles with their heads out the window. Something about elevation leads me to "decompress".

AKBorn

WKR
Rotate counter clockwise every hour. Driver that just completed shift gets to drink one soda from the cooler, all others are restricted to water or coffee at all other times. Front passenger becomes undisputed DJ. This way nobody gets stuck driving, in the middle, or in back the entire time and the driver gets something to look forward to at the end of their shift.

Man - some good ideas, but stopping every hour will take forever to get there!

rclouse79

WKR
I would eat four cans of chili an hour before departure in hopes of pushing one or more passengers to the bed of the pickup.

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
Over three people (driving age)= two vehicles, is our usual plan.
Works much better for the trip and hunting once you get there.
No way in hell I’d ride that long with four other people in the same truck.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
To help put ages in perspective for the drive: 65, 49, 43, 20, 19. Yes I have a brother almost same age as my son. My dad finally figured out what was causing kids.