5 pin Spot Hogg Eddie XL problems?

choizeno

FNG
Aloha all,
Finalized all my arrows with y’all’s help and onto sighting the bow!

noticed that my sight housing is maxed out all the way to the left and my arrows are still hitting and inch or two to the left at 20 yards.

Shooting a Hoyt ventum 33. Shot through paper and shooting bullet holes, all the axis’s are fine. Also moved the L bracket to push the housing more to the left maximizing reach. I read that this is a common problem with Hoyt engineering and that I need to purchase shims from spott hog to move my sight more to the left?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zeno

Brizzle

FNG
Measure you’re center shot, sounds like it could be out, if you’re a right handed shooter or in if you’re left. Let a shop or someone else shoot it through paper and see if they get the same tear.

OP
C

choizeno

FNG
Measure you’re center shot, sounds like it could be out, if you’re a right handed shooter or in if you’re left. Let a shop or someone else shoot it through paper and see if they get the same tear.
center shot is all aligned. don't know how much to adjust it.

Your centershot isn't so much an alignment as a measurement. If you tuned it adjusting the rest and pushed it to an 1 1/16" you aren't going to get a sight to work. Make sure your centershot is 3/4-7/8". If it's outside of that range you are going to want to go back to a 13/16" centershot and tune with the shims on the cams.

Once you get it close make very slight adjustments with the rest.

I suspect your centershot is just off.

You can contact SH and they will send you more spacers, but I haven't seen a bow need them yet if it's setup properly.

Reactions: Zac

4ester

WKR
Did you flip the spacer to get more adjustment (the “L” shaped bracket by the sight housing) ? Those sights have a whole lot of travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Your centershot isn't so much an alignment as a measurement. If you tuned it adjusting the rest and pushed it to an 1 1/16" you aren't going to get a sight to work. Make sure your centershot is 3/4-7/8". If it's outside of that range you are going to want to go back to a 13/16" centershot and tune with the shims on the cams.

Once you get it close make very slight adjustments with the rest.

I suspect your centershot is just off.

You can contact SH and they will send you more spacers, but I haven't seen a bow need them yet if it's setup properly.
This

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

StrYker33

FNG
Could you elaborate on what you mean by center shot? Apologies for the stupid question, complete newbie.

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Could you elaborate on what you mean by center shot? Apologies for the stupid question, complete newbie.
When people say centre shot they are talking about the distance from the centre of the arrow, to the riser.

Most bows are set to 13/16" as their center shot, and you adjust the cam wheeling or shims to make the string line up to the rest, so you get really close with your tears on a paper tune. Then you fine tune the rest to get a perfect bullet hole.