50" moose...

Well that's Matt (Bitteroot Bulls) in the video, and he's a moderator on here, so I'm sure that at some point, he can tell us how wide that second bull was. Regardless of the width, I'm assuming that they were hunting in a 50"/3 brow tine minimum area, which makes the bull legal.

OP
P
Well that's Matt (Bitteroot Bulls) in the video, and he's a moderator on here, so I'm sure that at some point, he can tell us how wide that second bull was. Regardless of the width, I'm assuming that they were hunting in a 50"/3 brow tine minimum area, which makes the bull legal.

Please know that I was in NO WAY positing that video in order to question legality of decision. Obviously there is a right decent combination of factors that render a bull legal.

I'm just glad to hear that there is 50" dispute on subject animal. Tells me my gut isn't far off if I had to go with spread on one.

No worries Panhandler, that bull is definitely right on the edge of 50" and if it wasn't for the brow tines, I wouldn't have pulled the trigger if I was behind the rifle. I seem to remember reading that moose average 30" from ear tip to tip, and like VernAK pointed out, that difference between 48" and 50" can make for a memorable trip for all of the wrong reasons.