50 Yards and Durable Targets.

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone practice out beyond their normal hunting range?

This is one of my groups at 50. 121421

And does anyone know of a more durable target?

I bought this bag two weeks ago today... :oops:

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
Fill a garbage bag with plastic wrap, lumber wrap....tarps, etc. When it's shot up, put it in a new bag. I'm on my 3rd year of the same filling and several cheap contractor garbage bags later....still winning.

I can shoot long range broadheads into them and CT them out without feeling like I'm destroying a bunch of $$.

OP
MadDawg

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Fill a garbage bag with plastic wrap, lumber wrap....tarps, etc. When it's shot up, put it in a new bag. I'm on my 3rd year of the same filling and several cheap contractor garbage bags later....still winning.

I can shoot long range broadheads into them and CT them out without feeling like I'm destroying a bunch of $$.

I like that idea!

wodje96

FNG
nice shooting. I use compressed straw bales from Tractor Supply. but mostly I use wood pellet bags. I double bag them and then stuff them full of other bags. We burn pellets so I always have a supply. Dog food bags work well too. Best thing is it's free so I don't really care how long it lasts. ymmv

bhylton

WKR
Ive had great luck with coffee sacks (burlap bags) stuffed with shrink wrap. i asked around and a local box store offered to keep all their plastic wrap from shipments for a week for me. stuff the burlap sack tight and wire the top shut. ive shot thousands of field points into it and it looks great. it creates about a 2ft x 3ft target for those of us not as gifted as yourself at longer shots. stuff it in a fresh bag once a year for $3.

jmez

WKR
Morrel Outdoor Range target for s commercial made bag. Shoot all around the fact at different spots and turn it around every time you shoot. It will last years.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Ive had great luck with coffee sacks (burlap bags) stuffed with shrink wrap. i asked around and a local box store offered to keep all their plastic wrap from shipments for a week for me. stuff the burlap sack tight and wire the top shut. ive shot thousands of field points into it and it looks great. it creates about a 2ft x 3ft target for those of us not as gifted as yourself at longer shots. stuff it in a fresh bag once a year for $3.

This is exactly what I do also. I'm a home coffee roaster and the burlap bags are cheap or free and shaped like an elk body when stuffed. Plastic shopping bags work just like the shrink wrap.

Warning: if you or your buddies are shooting a compound into these targets they have to be stuffed very tight to consistently stop those arrows.

Wrench

WKR
I have a local store, Justus bag company in Spokane that can sell me huge burlap bags for 8 bucks. They're 3'×6'. They have all kinds of materials. The burlap doesn't like ground contact, so be warned....but it's a great target.

For ground contact, I just use a heavy garbage bag.

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
You can buy a rag bag from third hand archery and fill it with the stuffing of your current target. And continue doing the same thing.

OP
MadDawg

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
for those of us not as gifted as yourself at longer shots.
[/QUOTE]

Don't worry I miss a lot too:LOL:

I shoot out to 60 at a bag then use two doubled up stall mats on the far garage wall.

I shoot out that far... I won't say I always hit the bag that far lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I shoot out to 50-60yds regularly to make the hunting shots at sub-30yds feel like chip shots.

Second the cheap feed bag, burlap bag, or similar stuffed with plastic - cheap!