$500 bucks to blow - what are you buying?

We got a gift card from work this year for a "thank you". I got a digital one so it can be used about anywhere. They expire in a few months so it's a use it or lose it. I've found myself in this odd situation of not knowing what to buy. Hunting seasons are over and I don't really need any gear upgrades. Xmas is done and over with.

So, you got $500 bucks - what would you do with it?
Dillon 550

Marble

WKR
I'm boring...I would buy some of the same stock I've been buying. Trying to get the base I investment amount high enough to finance my hunts each year from profit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

bswanson2

FNG
I'd either save it for a tag or go new hunting boots. Can't go wrong with having a spare! Kenetrek boots are my "go to" for hunting.

wweaver

FNG
If you have good gear, tags. The greatest gear in the world doesn’t do you any good if you’re not hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is so true, we all have friends who spends thousands in gear. I have some hunting buddies who do this then say “ I don’t have enough to swing for all the state apps” we normally do 9 states for various game, then wonder how I draw every year in different states on draw tags only. Or they forget after five reminders.

DuckDogDr

WKR
Jealous… my boss buys us $200 to some upity steak house which is about 200/ steak.. still leaves me paying $200… for my girlfriend to eat with me… and I can cook the steak better … so goes to waste every year.

If I had 500 to blow .. I would buy some freeze dried food / ammo
Or use it to pay down a credit card
New boots
Gym membership for a year

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought an Annealeze and 200 pieces of Lapua brass. Was closer to $600 than 5.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
I'd spend it on an experience. Night at a hotel and a nice dinner with the wife. Concert tickets. Charter fishing trip. Skydiving. Whatever floats your boat.

Yeah I’m with this guy. We live only a 90 minute train ride from Manhattan. $500 can get me a overnight in a nice hotel, dinner and maybe a show with my wife. Plus the added brownie points from her. It’ll work dividends for me down the stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sdonx

FNG
Classified Approved
Dryad Drey LL saddle with all the accessories. Looks like it fits my hunting style perfectly.

If this was my $500 I had given to me

1. Debt elimination if I had any.
2. What are my items on my wishlist? (A good fly rod and reel is my #1 this year)
3. Significant others to take on a mini vacation?
4. Charity. There’s still good charities out there
and I think there’s a place where $500 could go farther then what I could make it. Never ever seen kids’ eyes light up more than when a family friend opened up the suitcases with $500 worth of goods I donated when he went over to Africa for a mission trip to better communities and to help with reforestation over there.

You know inflation is here when you ask, "What would you do with $500?", and most of the answers are investment, stocking up on food, and ammo lol!
Hopefully things look different after '22 midterms. I don't care what the ammo companies say, there is profiteering going on due to the speculation and fear about current administration's attack on gun rights. Get a majority in at least one house of congress and things may look very different on the "supply/demand" issue.

$500 is a tough number, because it's not quite enough for some things and too much for others. There are always projects to be done around the farm, so I would probably look at new welder or patching/fixing leaky roofs in buildings.

SWOHTR

WKR
Put your personal interests aside. Wife and kids need anything? Stuff around the house (water softener salt, water filters, air filters, etc)? All of the un-sexy stuff that you don’t like buying but need to?