$500 budget for 10x42 Binos

nobody

WKR
You're barking up the right tree with the Meopta's! Take a look at the Maven C1's too. Less than your price range because of their pricing strategy being direct to consumer, but the performance is closer to the that of binoculars in the $800-$1000 range.

Both of these walk all over the competition in the sub $1000 price range a lot of the time, like the Leupold's and Vortex's.

Hoopwse

FNG
I just picked up a pair of used Zeiss Conquest HDs for $565 off EBay. There is deals to be had if you look

Drenalin

WKR
Thanks to the info here and in some slightly older threads , I just pulled the trigger on Leupold BX-4 10x42s for under $400 shipped at LockedLoaded.com. Obviously can't comment on them from experience yet, but I've been researching daily and trying to make up my mind for weeks and they were the conclusion I came to.

Vortex viper HD is a little higher price but with full lifetime warranty its a one time buy. Can't go wrong.

Another vote for the maven C1. Those binos are bullet proof and great for the money.

Great gift idea for your brother. Good luck next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m not a vortex fan and don’t really like recommending them but I have a pair of viper HD 10x42s that have been great for about 3 years now, zero issues.

If you decide to go just a little below that range I have a pair of vortex diamondbacks (new pair received from warranty claim. Great CS) and I bought my son a pair of leupold bx2/Alpines in the same 10x42 configuration. The leupold definitely had a clearer and brighter image in the fading light than my diamondbacks did.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk