6.5 American gunner ammo on pigs?

I'll be in Texas next week doing a MLD hunt with the opportunity to shoot hogs at night as well. Anyone have experience shooting game with 140gr 6.5 American Gunner? I have 6 or 7 cases of it left and since it doesn't really shoot well out of my M1A, I figured it would be fun to fill Beta mags and pop hogs or coyotes. The range would be under 125 yards , curious if anybody has shot critters with this ammo?

netman

WKR
I’ve not killed any hogs with the load you mentioned but have killed hogs with a 22 magnum. I’d say you’re good to go.
I mainly kill hogs with a 264 Win Mag using a 127 TTSX or 140 Nosler Partition

OP
D
Thanks for the replies, when viewing through a thermal these rounds (American Gunner)literally vaporize in a cloud of dust. Versus traditional bonded or fmj ammo, I can see 3-5 individual fragments splattering off steel.

OP
D
Pulsar Trail 2 XP50LRF.
Im pretty hard to please and I'd give these units a 7/10 unbiased review. I feel like the user interface was muddied up trying to make it look like it had more capabilities than it actually does, why do you need 26 reticle patterns in the menu? ,etc,etc,
The rangefinder will read to 1100(1000 is advertised) and its quirky on non reflective targets, the learning curve wasn't too bad but I'd imagine unknown terrain would be difficult to accuratley ping +/- 50 yards . Everything within 600 yards i can hit within two shots(24" diameter) under 300 is always a first shot hit. The camera and recording functions are decent, although anything I take a pic of through the unit only downloads at approximately 50% quality of what the original was. I.E., a coyote at 250 yards through the optic looks like 4k quality, but download the same image and its Polaroid status. Bats, owls flying around are like 2000 lumen glow bugs lol.. I have stucco on my house and can see all the studs behind the stucco through this unit in cool weather.
The 6k price tag puts it in the "medium upper" range thermal scope and I think its overpriced for the technology delivered.
Im just a regular dude and have no affiliation with any optics companies..
What thermal you using? Are you completely satisfied with it?

Pm me if you have any other questions, ..

netman

WKR
D77 how does it compare to the Super Hogster 35? I imagine a lot better. My buddy has one and he’s currently out west killing coyotes with it. He’s killed over 50 in the past three weeks.
Your unit is priced out of my range but something for me to study up on and see what it has. The videoing aspect does not interest me as a must have. I want a good unit for coyote hunting.
Thanks

OP
D
Looks like the Hogster is half or less in almost every spec compared to the Pulsar. Battery life,pixels,resolution,recoil rating,etc. Range detection is 300m on the hogster and 1800m on the pulsar, not really apples to apples. The video features i could do without, but its kinda fun at the same time. I do like the wifi and Bluetooth features though, whatever I'm seeing through the scope can be seen live on a phone, tablet, etc.
I played around with ATN and Trijicon before I settled on the Pulsar, it was the best performer in that(over) price range.
D77 how does it compare to the Super Hogster 35? I imagine a lot better. My buddy has one and he’s currently out west killing coyotes with it. He’s killed over 50 in the past three weeks.
Your unit is priced out of my range but something for me to study up on and see what it has. The videoing aspect does not interest me as a must have. I want a good unit for coyote hunting.
Thanks

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I killed a spike bull elk and my son killed a muley buck both with 140 American gunner. No problems to report, I’d personally have no problem using them for pigs.