6.5 conversion question for you gun guys

Motown

WKR
I was just down this road a few months back regarding the Creed vs the PRC. I already have a Creed and the PRC is very intriguing, but for me and the hunting I do the PRC just isn’t worth it for the extra 200-250 fps.

I am from PA and I see that you are from NY so our styles of hunting are probably very similar. Unless you are planning on hunting larger animals like Elk at 400+ yards then the Creed will do everything the PRC will do. On top of that ammo for the PRC is very hard to come by and so are reloading components if you hand load as well.

If you do hand load you can get the Creed moving pretty good. I am currently getting 2960 fps from a 24” Tikka with 135grn Bergers and it has dropped just about everything including a huge body Mulie in its tracks.

OP
TonySkyline
I was just down this road a few months back regarding the Creed vs the PRC. I already have a Creed and the PRC is very intriguing, but for me and the hunting I do the PRC just isn’t worth it for the extra 200-250 fps.

I am from PA and I see that you are from NY so our styles of hunting are probably very similar. Unless you are planning on hunting larger animals like Elk at 400+ yards then the Creed will do everything the PRC will do. On top of that ammo for the PRC is very hard to come by and so are reloading components if you hand load as well.

If you do hand load you can get the Creed moving pretty good. I am currently getting 2960 fps from a 24” Tikka with 135grn Bergers and it has dropped just about everything including a huge body Mulie in its tracks.
Yeah I've been thinking about that. It would be strictly a medium size game rifle as I already have a custom carbon tikka in 300wsm for elk. I just got a 7x7 with it in PA on Nov 1st so it worked very well for its intended purpose. After hearing you all out im going to leave it alone and pick up a Springfield waypoint in 6.5prc or get a sako 85 finnlight next year. My son might just get the remmy but if not, he will get a tikka for his b day in May. Both my boys are asking for ARs but they might get air soft gun replicas instead to practice on until they are of age and can show safety and discipline. Thank you guys for the info and talking some sense into me regarding converting this nice rifle.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk