6.5 creed for goats?

I too took a big Moose with a 6.5CM. They stagger around for a bit, so you start 2nd guessing.. But eventually they drop. Mine was staggering & walking away, so I shot her in her as$. The lung shot really killed her..

Blaw

WKR
I too took a big Moose with a 6.5CM. They stagger around for a bit, so you start 2nd guessing.. But eventually they drop. Mine was staggering & walking away, so I shot her in her as$. The lung shot really killed her..

I totally thought the ass shot would have been the final blow hahaahhaa

It's good to hear it dropped!

It's interesting.. these guides just want you to shoot. Before I got my Cow. I had a 300 yard opportunity on a nice Bull. But it was a rump shot. Right in the ass$. The guide was yelling at me to shoot, shoot, shoot. So I did, but missed.. Glad I missed.. Because it wasn't a lethal shot.

Then when I got my Cow, and she was staggering walking away, I had to take another shot to put her down, which was in the ass$. Not that I aim for the ass$, but had to.. Anyway, the 6.5 is very lethal on any size animal.

Funny you ask. I just bought a few cases of 120gr. Hornady GMX Superformance Centerfire Rifle Ammo - 6.5 Creedmoor - 3050 fps.

Hornady GMX Superformance Centerfire Rifle Ammo - 6.5 Creedmoor - 3050 fps..jpg

Last edited:

204guy

WKR
I don't care about the circumstances, there's a certain tacit to posting pictures on forums and you completely lack it. And what does that pic add to a discussion about bullets for mountain goats other than to draw some weird form of attention to yourself.

A new low?

Unprofessional?

Maybe the picture was off topic, but didn't someone ask about a Texas heart shot?

@Where's Bruce? you are not allowed to celebrate your next birthday. You should also see a psychologist or counselor about your attention seeking disorders.

No white sheep privilege comments? No jokes about how anal I am? Perhaps I shouldn't post mutton anymore. Judge on judgy judge's, use that soapbox cuz the Internet needs more metrosexual opinion. My shrink enjoys birthday cake. 😜

No white sheep privilege comments? No jokes about how anal I am? Perhaps I shouldn't post mutton anymore. Judge on judgy judge's, use that soapbox cuz the Internet needs more metrosexual opinion. My shrink enjoys birthday cake. 😜

I should have put a ha ha or something, I think other folks comments are ridiculous regarding your sheep picture. Sorry about my confusing comments, I was attempting to be funny. I have absolutely no idea whether you should see a counselor.

I don't you or any of the other guys from Adam, but boy we appear quick to judge.

...now back to the very academic discussion of a 6.5 Creedmoor and the use of said cartridge on a mountain goat..haha

....because I'm baaad, I'm baaad...you know I'm really baaad.

sheep.gif

Don't be so mad, it's sad...try Superformance lad...it's rad!

Hornady GMX Superformance Centerfire Rifle Ammo - 6.5 Creedmoor - 3050 fps..jpg
Yeeeee-heeee!

204guy

WKR
Yuck it up Bruce, I guarantee you the joke's on you.

Since I'm feeling generous, here's how you contribute to a thread with knowledge (first hand @ that) and with a picture.

z6n5Spn.jpg

.260 rem. 120TTSX 400yds. Impact about 2300fps. 2 Shots placed 2.5" apart tight behind shoulder mid body. Goat was uphill you're seeing the exits in the pic. Goat took the first shot like a champ as they tend to do, he was dead on his feet just standing there. After the second shot he staggered about 10 yds fell, then rolled about 30yds. Bullet performance was about what you'd expect from a hard bullet @ 2300fps. Caliber entry and 1/2" exits. Adequate but not exceptional internal damage.

Go Bruce...

204guy

WKR
Cant we all just get along
As Rinella likes to say we're all in this boat together, but how long do you tolerate the guy shooting holes in the bottom of the boat before you say something, do you wait until you're sunk?

204guy

WKR
pfkBEZ1.jpg

.260 Rem, 129 Interlock, 160ish yds. 1 shot lower third right behind the shoulder. Goat took off on a 30 yd death run fell and rolled a bit. Exited I think. Nothing dramatic typical cup n core wound channel, pretty much perfect.