6.5 Creedmoor Barnes LRX H4350

I have often seated Barnes with a groove out of the case. It doesn't hurt a thing.... but it does look funny.

It usually doesn't hurt to have it seated down to the first groove either. Shoot a few both ways, and you will have your answer.

Olythom

FNG
For my Tikka t3x lite and the 6.5 LRX bullet, I ended up at 41.3g I4350 seated .080 off the lands. No signs of pressure.

TexAg08

FNG
I am new to Barnes bullets. I am working on the same load as the OP. When I assembled a load that was .050 off the lands (Suggested by Barnes), the case mouth sits in between the two grooves in the LRX bullet.

I can’t think of a reason that this (having one of the grooves exposed) would cause a problem but my old brain sees that groove and says the bullet needs to be deeper. This thought process is probably rooted in the days of cannelures and my eyes want to see those grooves all the way inside the brass.

so... is it typical that one of the Barnes grooves is actually outside the case?
>T
ps. I tried, but it appears I do not yet have permission to upload pics.
Barnes does state on their site that they do not have to be in the case mouth, nor does the case mouth have to be off a groove. Could be halfway over a groove and be ok.