6.5 creedmoor or 6.5 RPM Weatherby WHICH ONE??

OP
W

wyoduster

Lil-Rokslider
Had a 6.5x300 its too much and now I have my 30-378 listed here for sale..
too many guns not enough time.

Hello all, new here. Found this thread and need some input. Had a friend who could not find 6.5 CM at the time in WI. I was able to pick up some 6.5 WBY RPM (not knowing the difference at the time). So, I now have 3 boxes of 20 cartridges looking for a good home for what I purchased them for. Would love to discuss if anyone is interested. I'd love to just buy the rifle for them haha but that just isn't in the cards right now.

BjornF16

WKR
IF you’re a hand loader AND can source decent dies and components, then go for the RPM. It’ll do slightly better than PRC MV wise.

My RPM shot the factory LRX decently, the 140 Hornady horribly, and I could never find Accubond factory ammo.

When I had that Backcountry, I could only find RCBS dies. It shot 124 HH very well.

That said, I moved it along in favor of Tikka and another European brand in 6.5 CM.

Plenty of CM ammo to be had…

BjornF16

WKR
PRC. I'm loving mine. Ammo is available easily and for deer and antelope it hammers.
Available easily?...better now than a year ago for sure.

However, Weatherby factory ammo is still $67/box for Hornady Interlock, and close to $100/box for Scirocco, LRX, and Accubonds.