6.5 Creedmore

OP
Short Track
If you want to be effective with a 6.5 on large game, the 142 gr Nosler Accubond Long Range is where it's at. I would take an Accubond over any Hornady offering any day of the week.

Go on the Nosler Website, and try to get 6.5 CM Accubond hunting ammo. They have been out of stock for months.

More moose are taken in Scandinavia every year with the 6.5 x 55 then all other cartridges combined, so I don’t buy the under gunned argument.

My only advice is use standard Accubonds not the LR version.

We’ve shot a lot of whitetails with Accubond LR’s and although they are adequate for a Whitetail, they don’t penetrate well under 300 yards and I’ve never seen more meat damage that with that bullet.

More moose are taken in Scandinavia every year with the 6.5 x 55 then all other cartridges combined, so I don’t buy the under gunned argument.

My only advice is use standard Accubonds not the LR version.

We’ve shot a lot of whitetails with Accubond LR’s and although they are adequate for a Whitetail, they don’t penetrate well under 300 yards and I’ve never seen more meat damage that with that bullet.
120 etip and TTSX have yielded outstanding performance from our Creedmoors on elk

OXN939

WKR
Midway did have it. Thank you !!

So question. I think we can call it established that 6.5 Creed will be adequate as long as you have a projectile that penetrates well and retains a lot of its mass. So why not a Nosler E-Tip or a Barnes TTSX? Those will do a better job of both of those things than Accubonds, Partitions or anything else containing lead.

OP
Short Track
I used a Nosler plastic tip .243 on a hog. Recovered 2 of them in the off side hide. Perfect expansion. Bullet stayed together. full weight retention. Still had to shoot the Hog 4 times. Not even sure where I shot it, this thing just wouldn't die. 1 of the bullets hit the shoulder, then deflected up to his jaw. Just a tough animal. I think the key is multiple shots. Just keep shooting till it falls down.

WKR
We'll be using 140 berger vld and 147 eld-m with muzzle velocities of 2590 to 2700 fps on all tags this fall. Seen the 140 vld do some heavy lifting the last decade. Expect it to continue. If I was buying factory ammo, I'd buy the Berger 135 grain factory stuff. Shot fantastic in my daughter's rig.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I and my grandson have killed a bunch of tough game with the 6.5 120 etip with outstanding results in performance and accuracy

+1 on the E-tip 120s. I shoot them out of my 6.5x284. Killed two bulls, pigs, a dozen deer, all dropped in their tracks with lung shots, one neck shot.

OP
Short Track
I spent time at the range today. The 6.5 CM Accubond shoots very very well in my Tikka. Almost as good at the ELD-X. The Moose want know the difference. So I'm set on the 140gr Accubond. Not the LR 142gr version. Nosler says the Long Range ammo performs best after 500 yards.

So question. I think we can call it established that 6.5 Creed will be adequate as long as you have a projectile that penetrates well and retains a lot of its mass. So why not a Nosler E-Tip or a Barnes TTSX? Those will do a better job of both of those things than Accubonds, Partitions or anything else containing lead.
a lot of hunters love the partitions, there's nothing wrong with that as they perform pretty much the same on any animal - the Accubond are designed to emulate terminal performance exactly the same as that old "favorite" Partition, there IS a difference between how the Accubond/Partition works and there MIGHT be a bit of lead fragmentation in the wound channel that the monolithics won't have but a BONDED CORE bullet will not fragment or "blow up" and that's just simple physics - Etips and TTSX's do a very mortal job …..