6.5 Grendel Hunting Bullet

JohnOD

FNG
Welcome to the forum Beamonk

I've worked up loads with the 100 & 120 TTSX's and found them both to be accurate in my AR. I've always gotten good accuracy and performance on game with the Nosler B-Tips (and I have a pretty good supply) so I stick with them. Don't have experience to offer with the Barnes on game.

Tweber

FNG
I use the Barnes 115 TTSX for hunting Blacktail. Taken 2 with this round with awsome results. good retention and not much running afterwards. I had the same issues with the SST's in multiple calipers. Not much of a fan.

dmoran5

FNG
I have shot many deer with my 123 sst. I shot a buck at 150, and it ran 40 yards and piled up. Heart shot. I shot a doe at 200 and it went about 15 yards and piled up. Double Lung. My wife shot a buck with it at 15 yards and it ran about 20 yards. Front Shoulder and lungs. MAny other does have been shot with it and dropped instantly anywhere from 75 to 125 yards, either shoulder or neck shots. I tried the ELD M's and my gun didn't shoot them as well as the SST's. I am sold on the SST

OP
O

OpsMan

Lil-Rokslider
Update to this thread from my original post. I switched to using the Nosler Ballistic Tips and we harvested two whitetail bucks. Entry and exit holes, devestating vitals, and neither deer went further than 30 yards. I’d recommend this to anyone needing a good Grendel Hunting bullet.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
Update to this thread from my original post. I switched to using the Nosler Ballistic Tips and we harvested two whitetail bucks. Entry and exit holes, devestating vitals, and neither deer went further than 30 yards. I’d recommend this to anyone needing a good Grendel Hunting bullet.
Using the 100 or 120 grain ballistic tips?

Rufus

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot/reload for a 260. I’ve worked up a load with 125gn nosler partitions that works really well. Velocity is around 2700. Got over 20 inches penetration on a quartering shot on a good size whitetail buck at around 80 yards. It’s a really nice shooting load.
Thanks. -Rufus