WTB 6.5 prc ammo

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just bought a 6.5 prc the other day and now I’m realizing that I can’t even find brass. Does anyone have any leads on brass/dies? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find dies on Gun Broker. Ammo - good luck. You can get 6.5 PRC but you are going to pay $80-$100 per box. I have traded for a few boxes, but thats about it. I have worked my inventory up to about 15 boxes or 300 PRC and 20 boxes in 6.5 PRC by just scrapping. I do have some brass I could sale you as a last resort, I would just prefer to keep it.

OP
Wyattblu48

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find dies on Gun Broker. Ammo - good luck. You can get 6.5 PRC but you are going to pay $80-$100 per box. I have traded for a few boxes, but thats about it. I have worked my inventory up to about 15 boxes or 300 PRC and 20 boxes in 6.5 PRC by just scrapping. I do have some brass I could sale you as a last resort, I would just prefer to keep it.

How much would you sell 40 cases of brass for? I’m completely grasping for straws. I could trade you some 280 or 7mm08 brass

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 101 rounds of Hornady brass, fired once. I know how it feels not having any. How about I send you all 101 rounds and you load me up some for payment?

OP
Wyattblu48

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 101 rounds of Hornady brass, fired once. I know how it feels not having any. How about I send you all 101 rounds and you load me up some for payment?

Damn that sounds awesome! I don’t have dies yet I’m piecing everything together. I’m going to be loading 147 gr elds with h4831 to start out. Will that be okay? You can pm me idk how this site works I’m a newbie

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I also just purchased a 6.5prc Bergara, and struggled to find all the parts and pieces. I actually found some decent dies at my local gun shop and just missed the brass by a day. I was able to find 4 boxes of fully loaded hunter precision, but paid the high price. But at least I have the 100 rounds I need to go forward in development. Havent decided which powder yet, as I have limited supply of Retumbo. Many of my cals utilize the same retumbo powder so I got a bunch of 1 pounders of 7828 just to try. Since I have no development on this new B14 HMR, I will probably use the 7828. It's really causing creative work up process choices in these shortage days.

OP
Wyattblu48

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just purchased a 6.5prc Bergara, and struggled to find all the parts and pieces. I actually found some decent dies at my local gun shop and just missed the brass by a day. I was able to find 4 boxes of fully loaded hunter precision, but paid the high price. But at least I have the 100 rounds I need to go forward in development. Havent decided which powder yet, as I have limited supply of Retumbo. Many of my cals utilize the same retumbo powder so I got a bunch of 1 pounders of 7828 just to try. Since I have no development on this new B14 HMR, I will probably use the 7828. It's really causing creative work up process choices in these shortage days.

No kidding! Did they have another set of dies? Lol I would definitely pay you if you found some for me

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
There were 2 sets. i will go back and check today. No payment needed. Well other than costs of dies lol

OP
Wyattblu48

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were 2 sets. i will go back and check today. No payment needed. Well other than costs of dies lol

That would be awesome! If they’re rcbs fl resize dies I will take them!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No kidding! Did they have another set of dies? Lol I would definitely pay you if you found some for me

Midway USA has 6.5 PRC RCBS dies in stock right now for $67, FYI. I bought a set last week and have them now.

OP
Wyattblu48

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sent you a pm

OP
Wyattblu48

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO Hornady dies work well....
IME 7828 works great in the PRC....Get 3050 with 147’s and good accuracy.....

I’m leaning towards the 147’s and rl26, h1000 or h4831..... might be some testing in my future

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Our local sportsman’s warehouse has 6.5 PRC in stock and on the shelf for normal price. I was just there on Sunday. Give them a call. It’s the Brentwood, CA store.

OP
Wyattblu48

Wyattblu48

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our local sportsman’s warehouse has 6.5 PRC in stock and on the shelf for normal price. I was just there on Sunday. Give them a call. It’s the Brentwood, CA store.

Shipping bullets out of California sounds not fun lol, if it comes down to it I will, thank you

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Shipping bullets out of California sounds not fun lol, if it comes down to it I will, thank you

It’s the same as shipping anywhere else. It’s shipping bullets in that’s the issue here haha. You could also call unknown munitions in Idaho and see what their lead time would be to work you up some ammo.

snopro176

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

I have a unbelievable load worked up for my b14 6.5prc if you'd like me to message you, maybe getcha a good base line

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk