6.5 PRC Dilemma

Wanting a 6.5 PRC because you don't want to be lumped in with the internet/social media manbun stereotype is worse than being a manbun shooter.

I dont shoot creed but my dad doesn't have a deer rifle so I picked up a creedmoor tikka for him to use now that I have deer land in a rifle zone. He'd never heard of a creedmoor but googled it and told me "man people sure have some bad things to say about it on the internet". It is a cheaper and more practical 260 rem, it's as practical as it gets for whitetails and people on the internet get minds all twisted up about it.

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
Did you pull the trigger, so to speak?

Since both have come up on the thread, I have both a prc and 270. I prefer the prc - the ultra light 270 (tikka t3x) - the latter's recoil is unpleasant, tamed slightly w a limbsaver but I am also going to replace the brake. Either gun definitely better with a good brake or can for sure.

One other comment - my prc has a 20 inch barrel and can plink steel at 1200 yds reliably. So I am not sure 26 inches is really needed.

OP
H

Hschweers

Lil-Rokslider
Did you pull the trigger, so to speak?

Since both have come up on the thread, I have both a prc and 270. I prefer the prc - the ultra light 270 (tikka t3x) - the latter's recoil is unpleasant, tamed slightly w a limbsaver but I am also going to replace the brake. Either gun definitely better with a good brake or can for sure.

One other comment - my prc has a 20 inch barrel and can plink steel at 1200 yds reliably. So I am not sure 26 inches is really needed.
I finally did, probably a month or so ago. Went with the Browning X Bolt Hell’s Canyon speed (24”) in 6.5 PRC. Have only fired 20 rounds through it so far, but I absolutely love it. Much more pleasant to shoot than my .308 tikka t3x. I’m very pleased with my choice, and ammo hasn’t been too brutal so far. Paid $40/box for some Winchester match (SMK) and $45/box for ELD-M. Shoots both rounds great