6.5 PRC (Fierce, Springfield, Seekins, Cooper)

ryno1

FNG
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Thanks to the forums...getting back into hunting after 20 years out. Bought a 28 Nosler last year (thanks for all the info posted here). Awesome gun, just a little heavy.
I'm heading to my first elk hunt this October, and I'm looking for something a little lighter (and that can spend more time at the range than the 28 Nosler).

I'm liking these in 6.5 PRC:

1. Fierce Carbon Rival (decent price, good weight and specs, but I've read about reliability issues)
2. Springfield Waypoint (better price, higher weight, good reviews)
3. Seekins Havak Element (decent price, no QD, shorter barrel, light weight)
4. Cooper 52 (decent price, heavy, no QD)

Any advice or feedback on anything above...or should I be looking at something else? The Fierce is my favorite on paper, but some of the reviews on this site have me thinking twice.

Thanks!!!
Ryan

Samson7x

WKR
I have an Element and have nothing bad to say about it. I use an ultra7 can on the end and its still light and relatively short. Shoots 3/4" groups with factory ELD-X, never even worked a load up for it. Action is very smooth and adjusted the trigger down to 2.5 lbs.

No experience with the others on your list.

ID_Matt

WKR
2 and 3 would be my pick of those options. I would also add a tikka t3x with aftermarket stock like a manners eh1 or AG alpine hunter or xlr element - would be in the same price range and probably my first pick. I have never been a big fan of the fierce actions.

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
Out of those options probably the Seekins. Springfield Waypoint would be my suggestion as they all seem to be shooters right out of the box and I like the stock on them. They are heavier though and sounds like you already have a heavier rig so there is some crossover there. I do not own a Seekins but they seem to fit your criteria well and get a lot of good reviews.

axeforce6

WKR
I have two Carbon Rivals. Both have been excellent and are shooters. You get a lot for the money with these rifles.

ndayton

WKR
I owned the Springfield Waypoint and never felt it was heavy. Loved the stock and action but the downside for me was a short magazine which prevented reloading longer seated bullets. If you are a reloader this might be an issue.
I also agree to take a look at Tikka as they are shooters and aftermarket support is better then the other guns you have listed.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Thanks to the forums...getting back into hunting after 20 years out. Bought a 28 Nosler last year (thanks for all the info posted here). Awesome gun, just a little heavy.
I'm heading to my first elk hunt this October, and I'm looking for something a little lighter (and that can spend more time at the range than the 28 Nosler).

I'm liking these in 6.5 PRC:

1. Fierce Carbon Rival (decent price, good weight and specs, but I've read about reliability issues)
2. Springfield Waypoint (better price, higher weight, good reviews)
3. Seekins Havak Element (decent price, no QD, shorter barrel, light weight)
4. Cooper 52 (decent price, heavy, no QD)

Any advice or feedback on anything above...or should I be looking at something else? The Fierce is my favorite on paper, but some of the reviews on this site have me thinking twice.

Thanks!!!
Ryan
Ridgeline - any of the models..Ti or FFT or both. I have their BA Tactical in 6.5 PRC and a Ridgeline FFT in 280ai.

OP
ryno1

ryno1

FNG
Would a 6.8 western fit the bill (since elk is on the menu for october)? It looks like it checks a lot of boxes, but the only ammo that I can find is 162 grain copper impact. Would that work well for elk? Again, thanks for the help…rookie here:)

I may be late to the dance but if you haven't bought your rifle; take a look at Cooper of Montana. I've owned one for the last 7 years and it is the most accurate, dependable and enjoyable gun that I've ever shot and believe me... I've shot a lot of different rifles.