6.5 PRC in Tikka CTR magazine

Shane431

FNG
Anyone have any luck with 6.5 prc factory ammo in CTR magazines? If so, did you have to do anything to the magazine to make them work? I’ve played around a little bit and I can’t see how you can get more than 2 rds in the magazine. I’ve seen a few posts saying they work but I can’t see how.
Thanks.

Shooter71

Lil-Rokslider
You should be able to fit 6 rounds in the mag, might have to flare the lips a bit.

OP
Shane431

Shane431

FNG
Okay I did some bending and tweaking and got them to work. Boy it's tight. If you hand-load you may want to back off just a hair on COAL. But it appears Shooter71 is correct, "as usual"! Thanks for the help.

If it doesn’t work out for you, hells canyon armory has their own billet tikka magazines designed to work with the 6.5 prc, 7 saum, 300wsm, etc and should be a good fix!

OP
Shane431

Shane431

FNG
If it doesn’t work out for you, hells canyon armory has their own billet tikka magazines designed to work with the 6.5 prc, 7 saum, 300wsm, etc and should be a good fix!

True but the stock I'm using inlet for the CTR bottom metal. In the standard Tikka bottom metal I've had good luck with the Tikka LA mags.