6.5 PRC Nevada Bull

Posting here for some more 6.5 PRC data.
140grn Berger VLD @3085 fps out of a 24" Proof Reaseach barreled Tikka
Shot distance 1085 yards off a TwoVets NOName tripod with a RRS Anvil head. Quartering away hit right behind last rib and up through the vitals. One and done. Broken bez tine courtesy of tumble he took on the way down.

IMG_5627.JPG

Last edited:

jofes

WKR
Any pictures of the bullet/weight retention or internal trauma? How far did he travel after impact?
Nice bull!

OP
B
cold bore 1085yd hit, that's pretty impressive.
Lots of practice and a zero wind condition are two huge factors with this shot. I shot weekly leading up to my hunts this year off the tripod in field conditions. Even a slight breeze would of scared me off this one. Also from all the barrels I've tried the Proof has been the best for cold bore deviation. I always try to get a couple of long shots off daily while hunting to stay in tune. And I've seen great things from the 140gr VLD at those velocities. Its usually more about a cold shooter than a cold bore.

archp625

WKR
Posting here for some more 6.5 PRC data.
140grn Berger VLD @3085 fps out of a 24" Proof Reaseach barreled Tikka
Shot distance 1085 yards off a TwoVets NOName tripod with a RRS Anvil head. Quartering away hit right behind last rib and up through the vitals. One and done. Broken bez tine courtesy of tumble he took on the way down.

View attachment 348276
Man, what an awesome picture. Great elk. You have any pictures of your rifle set up?

Ucsdryder

WKR
What kind of energy was that bullet packing at 1085? Seems like you were pushing that cartridges capability.

Very nice shot! I'm currently deciding between a 6.5CR for the cost savings and the PRC for the long range potential and this is a great example.
No it’s not a great example. This is one of those “don’t try this at home folks” situations. Sounds like expert level shooter who practices a ton, not applicable to someone new to the long range game. Maybe after years of shooting and thousands of rounds down range, multiple burned out barrels… you might consider taking a shot that would stretch the capabilities of the 6.5CM let alone the PRC.

Sorry not to be preachy and not meant to be personal…just getting my .2c in before the dumpster fire starts here.

to the OP, incredible shooting.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34