6.5 PRC observation

Weldor

WKR
I see alot of these rifles for sale on the forums, anyone know why people aren't keeeping them? Seems like a good cartridge.

slowelk

WKR
It's definitely ammo availability/cost issue. Availability really isn't a challenge if you're willing to pay.

Its my favorite round, but ammo availability is causing many of the newer or less commonly chambered rifles to hit the trading block. Seems like every store I go into I can find 308, 30-06, 7mm, 300 wm etc. 6.5 PRC Ammo is expensive right now as well.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
You walk into any outdoor store and 3 out of 4 rifles are chambered in 6.5PRC. I think people get talked into or talk themselves into purchasing them and then can’t find or can’t afford to shoot it. Several places I’ve seen even package a box of ammo with the rifle to get you started.

ID_Matt

WKR
You walk into any outdoor store and 3 out of 4 rifles are chambered in 6.5PRC. I think people get talked into or talk themselves into purchasing them and then can’t find or can’t afford to shoot it. Several places I’ve seen even package a box of ammo with the rifle to get you started.
Agree with this. See it posted all the time... "Just bought a 6.5 PRC, anyone know where to find ammo??"

These days, I wouldn't buy a gun unless I had the components or ammo in hand otherwise it might end up being a safe queen for a while.

WoodBow

WKR
I have found it to be a really great round for accuracy and for hunting. Hand loading helps with availability. I also do not shoot recreationally. So I can stretch ammo a long time when used only for hunting a zero confirmation.

amassi

WKR
Ammo is scarce and saami chamber will limit the number of reloads you'll get before your brass is trash.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Ammo can be hard to come by for people who buy factory and then it can be pricey when you find it.

It's my favorite rifle but I have all the components to load enough rounds to shoot my barrel out.

Love my 6.5 PCR MPR--a real treat to shoot. Ammo avail at stores is pretty much nil here in CA, but I've had no problem ordering online. Plus I have my die coming in next week so can begin reloading. And though I can find .308 in most stores, it's usually not great ammo or overpriced, so I end up ordering the .308 online and reloading as well.

Mojave

WKR
Like every other year.
And I do own a 6.5 PRC as well!
I have 400-1600 rounds of brass, primers, projectiles and powder for 7mm Blaser, 338 Blaser, and 6.5 manbun for my Blaser rifles. Still thinking about doing a 308 and 223. Not sure there has ever been such huge disparity between common calibers as today.