6.5 PRC practice ammo

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
Any recommendations on practice ammo for 6.5 PRC? I use unknown munition handloads for my hunts and obviously can’t afford to blow through that stuff just to go out and shoot

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I know Norma had some not that long ago for $38 a box I believe? Just BTHP stuff I think but that would be a great option if they ever come back in stock.

ChrisAU

WKR
Here ya go, glad I grabbed a couple cases at $39/box but this is still a good deal, free shipping right now too. They shoot lights out in my rifle.

slowelk

WKR
Here ya go, glad I grabbed a couple cases at $39/box but this is still a good deal, free shipping right now too. They shoot lights out in my rifle.

It gets more expensive every time in comes in stock!

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider

Perfect- thanks!

SDHNTR

WKR
Imo, no such thing as practice rounds. Practice with what you hunt with. Odds are your cheaper “practice ammo” will have a significantly different poi than your proven load. Why would you practice with something that has a built in problem?

OP
Barnesc6

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t afford to blow through 50-70 rounds of handloaded ammunition just to practice positional shooting etc….

All you do is re zero before season and use your drop data to adjust

Like others have said, use another firearm to practice with as it it likely to be less expensive in the long run.

If that is not any option, then get any 6.5 PRC ammo you can find that is budget-friendly and use it. Just know that the accuracy may not be there. But it will work just fine when working fundamentals as well as figuring out new shooting positions.