6.5 PRC Tikka or Sako questions

OP
T
I think I will go ahead and get an AG Composites alpine hunter, where is the best place to buy one from?
Seems AG Composites sells direct to the public except for their stocks for Tikka. Oregon mountain carries them but with a $100 markup. Would like to get one for the price I see on AG Composites website.

ETA: found one for a good deal, thanks everyone for your input.

Last edited:
I think I will go ahead and get an AG Composites alpine hunter, where is the best place to buy one from?
Seems AG Composites sells direct to the public except for their stocks for Tikka. Oregon mountain carries them but with a $100 markup. Would like to get one for the price I see on AG Composites website.

ETA: found one for a good deal, thanks everyone for your input
Where did you find an AG stock for a tikka?

5RWill

FNG
It is not that easy to modify the bolt face on a tikka to a magnum. Changing from a short action to a long action is about $20 and takes 5 minutes with a new bolt stop. I would go with the 7 mag. It will be ready to go for a PRC. Would just need a new barrel. My tikka pre fit shoots great. I would stay away from Sako. They don't have near the aftermarket support as tikka so if you want to change things it can be a pain.
I second this. Currently trying to rebarrel a sako 85 and while i've got the barrel. The aftermarket support isn't there.

FWIW LRI is now making Tikka T3 drop in replacement bolts. Machined from stainless with a barstock shroud with an m16 extractor.