6.5 PRC

I know we have had a lot of talk about the 6.5 PRC, but I am now thinking of my next rifle purchase. Do you all think the 6.5 PRC is here to stay or just a fad? Are good factory rounds available? I don’t currently load.

ofl0926

WKR
I have one being built by Mike at Hells Canyon Armory. We spoke a lot about different calibers and we settled on the 6.5 PRC. Factory ammo is from hornady and it shoots lights out. Everything I have read, most ppl are getting 1/2 MOA at 100y. Also ppl have having an easy time reloading it as well.
Hornady is the only manufacturer making ammo. Copper Creek and Ammunition Choice will be selling ammo as well as reloads. Brass you can get from ADG or Bertram.
I believe it’s going to stay. Lots of rifle manufacturers are producing rifles in this caliber. It’s been out for 2yrs I believe. Only time will tell but I fee like it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowelk

WKR
The PRC is appealing because of the KE downrange, but that comes at a cost due to higher muzzle velocity and barrel life. I just flirted with the PRC last weekend and came home with a creedmoor. My experience, and my gunsmith's experience has been that anything over 3k at the muzzle can shorten barrel life to 3k-ish rounds. I like to shoot, and I just wanted a deer/goat/sheep gun, and those critters don't need 1500ft# at 500 yards to die.

No doubt is it an accurate, high performing round, but there's always a trade-off.

ofl0926

WKR
I'm sure that it is just a fad. So what if it is extremely accurate and has light recoil. Ignore the other manufacturers that are starting to offer the PRC. It will definitely be gone soon.

OK. Those are my excuses to not have one built.
I really am finding myself "NEEDING" one, soon.

Lol do it my friend
DO IT!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
I bought a Christensen Arms MPR 6.5 Creed and love it. I’m thinking Christensen Arms Ridgeline either 6.5 PRC or 300 win mag. I really think I’m liking the 6.5 PRC.

robie

WKR
Just

just another fad like the 30-06, 308 etc.

Funny you mention those 2. I pulled a list of the most offered .308 caliber factory ammo on midway for another forum. A lot of boxes are available for two chamberings people don't talk about much.

Rifle Ammunition - Count

308 Winchester - 128
30-06 Springfield - 101
300 Winchester Magnum - 68
300 AAC Blackout - 38
300 Winchester Short Magnum - 35
30-30 Winchester - 28
300 Weatherby Magnum - 25
300 Remington Ultra Magnum - 21

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
The biggest problem is that along with my next rifle...….. I need another or a bigger safe!
I just got in a "fight" with my wife, she insisted I buy a bigger safe than I was looking at. So I wouldnt complain in a couple years it was too small... she won, I have a 72x48 shipping soon.

On the 6.5 prc, I have one on order that should be here March 8th... a week after my new safe.