6.5 PRC

I'm looking at picking up a Christensen Mesa in 6.5 PRC. Ammo availability has me a little concerned. I know Gunwerks and Bertram have brass in stock. Has anyone heard if Hornady is going to ramp up production?

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I can't speak to what Hornady's gonna do, but it has been a pain trying to get my hands on factory loads. I have a couple of local shops keeping an eye out for me. Right now Bertram is out of stocok but Ryan said it should be in soon.

OP
Customweld
I can't speak to what Hornady's gonna do, but it has been a pain trying to get my hands on factory loads. I have a couple of local shops keeping an eye out for me. Right now Bertram is out of stocok but Ryan said it should be in soon.
That's good to know. I was really leaning towards the 30PRC, but that's out of the picture for now.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Bertram is out of stock. It went quick! should have more in a couple of weeks.

IF you find some brass or loaded ammo buy it. It will be sparse this year.

Last edited:

Schism

WKR
I've been eyeing this cartridge and am on the fence due to brass. What's the likelihood of another manufacturer (Norma or Lapua) producing brass for the 6.5 PRC?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've been eyeing this cartridge and am on the fence due to brass. What's the likelihood of another manufacturer (Norma or Lapua) producing brass for the 6.5 PRC?

Very likely, but I would bet it’s 24 months out or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
d36c60edd8f66be837b39d994d1bc96a.jpg

We will have some soon, but it won’t last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MinixJT

FNG
Yes. The PRC is very appealing to me as well as long range deer tool. I’d already be having one built but none of the regular places online and in person have any prc ammo in stock....... maybe that’s a sign I should wait a bit
I’d like to shoot a 300 PRC as well, but no one I know hasn’t one to see what the recoil is like compared to a 300WM or Bee...

Axlrod

WKR
Yes. The PRC is very appealing to me as well as long range deer tool. I’d already be having one built but none of the regular places online and in person have any prc ammo in stock....... maybe that’s a sign I should wait a bit
I’d like to shoot a 300 PRC as well, but no one I know hasn’t one to see what the recoil is like compared to a 300WM or Bee...
Hornady lists a 300 PRC 212 Gr at 2860 FPS so its right in there with the WM so recoil shoukd be about the same.

OP
Customweld
Well, after a long debate with myself I decided to go with a Browning HC Long Range. I was leaning towards a Christensen Mesa but this Browning popped up at the right time. Now it's time for optics.

Kotaman

WKR
Factory ammo appears to be showing up most places. I’ve had no problem buying Hornady Precision from Midway and my local shop. Hopefully it stays that way and some more players come to the brass game.