6/ 6.5 vs 8 x 30/32 what to buy

Would like any advice … looking for a pair for treestand and for truck …. Looking at Kowa and maven options .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue72

WKR
you need to try and see which you like best

out of the Kowa 6.5x, Maven 6x, Nikon monarch 7 8x, and Meopta 8x

I liked the Kowa the best. They are super sharp, crazy wide FOV, bright, easy on the eyes. But they do have mild distortion in the outer edge which can be focused out.

2B3435B8-11C7-4428-B279-B14B51B945CA.jpeg

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Kowa BD II 6.5x32mm Wide Angle Binocular with “XD” Lens is an amazing binocular with a 10* FOV
Enjoy sharp images with natural colour, high contrast and incredible detail, from dawn through to dusk.

Rugged reliability ensured.

Every model in the BDII-XD range benefits from a magnesium alloy chassis, a sophisticated moulding process produces the feel and strength of metal with the added benefit of decreased weight.

The lightweight, rugged structure can tolerate the severest conditions and provides a sense of security and longevity.

The BDII-XD are built to last. Use them with confidence.
Surrounding the tough magnesium alloy body is a protective layer of rubber armour, not only providing a sure, comfortable grip but also increasing the level of durability.

Each BDII-XD is fully waterproof and dry nitrogen filled to prevent the lenses from fogging and Kowa’s KR coating protects from dirt and other foreign residue build-up that may affi x to the lenses during use.

Take a wider point of view.
One of the stand-out optical features of the BDII-XD series is their enviable large field of view, boasting class leading wide angle performance.

Viewing is super comfortable on the eye, making long periods of use out in the field a pleasure.

Engineered for your comfort.
The BDII-XD series are engineered to enhance your viewing experience.

A sleek, ergonomic design with a specially selected tactile rubber armour layer ensures easy and comfortable operation - elevating every moment of use.

Operation is flawless.
A fluid, responsive focus wheel delivers pin point accuracy and smooth twist eye-cups ensure optimum viewing for both spectacle and non spectacle wearers.

Tailor the BDII-XD specific to your own viewing requirements with an easy to use dioptre adjustment system.

The ergonomic body of the BDII-XD series is as impressive as the optics it protects, with every curve considered to make observation both relaxing and free from fatigue.

ChrisAU

WKR
x3 on Kowa 6.5x32...I wonder why I own anything else tbh. I think I'm going to add the 10x42 XD BDII's to the stable and call my bino collection good. Yeah, there are clearer binos - but (practically) none with a wider FOV, and they are super light as well. If the budget called for NL Pure 8x32's and 10x42's, I'd be there, but it doesn't lol

Nate D

FNG
Would like any advice … looking for a pair for treestand and for truck …. Looking at Kowa and maven options .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just went through the same decision. I had the Maven in the 8x and the 6x and the 6.5 Kowa. I ended up returning the Mavens and keeping the Kowa. The Mavens were both very nice binos with really nice glass but each were limited for what I was looking for(deep woods bino). The 8x were to dark in the shadowed woods and overcast and the shake was similar to my 10x42 swaro. I do a lot of still hunting so I’m constantly using one hand. The 6x while brighter had way to narrow fov. The kowas are far from perfect optically when I’m in the brighter light but when in the shadowed woods those imperfections are not as obvious. The fov on the kowas is amazing,the sweet spot is super sharp and are very bright allowing me to view through the woods well beyond what my eye could pick up. If you can get past the inconsistencies of the Kowas glass they are great for the money and I have yet to find anything that provides what they do.