6.8 Western brass by Lapua

Termite

FNG
I have emailed all the major top brass manufacturers asking if they have plans to start making 6.8 brass. I have gotten a hard no from everyone except Lapua. They said if there is enough interest that they would possibly start manufacturing it. If this interests you would you mind sending them an email at the below link? Thanks!!

Last edited:
OP
T

Termite

FNG
Thanks MJB. I sure hope it won’t be a 10+ year wait. Lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
T

Termite

FNG
Yeah I’m sure they require a massive amount of interest. But I suppose if you don’t try, they for sure won’t ever make it.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think it stands a chance. Hope I’m wrong.

I’d build a 6.8 if it was supported well, but few are going to venture down the .277 road when the 6.5 and 7mm are already so well established, and so few options exist for high BC .277 bullets.

OP
T

Termite

FNG
Awesome! Thanks Wind!! Hopefully they will punch out some 300 WSM soon too. Hard to tell if this 6.8 Western will take off or not. I really like it.

OP
T

Termite

FNG
I bought some Winchester brass. It is fair. Some variance in neck thickness and weight. I still have all my fingers and toes crossed hoping that Lapua will come through. Wether it is in 10 years or 10 months.

Please help out your fellow enthusiasts and send them an email requesting 6.8 Western brass!! Thank you!!

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’d rather see them start back selling 7-08 Rem brass. As far as new brass offerings, I’d much rather see 7 SAUM or 22 Creedmoor than 6.8 Western. 🤦‍♂️