6 Creed

I built a 6.5 PRC last year and love that round. It's about perfect for prairie hunting. Until I try and buy ammo or primers for it . I have some ammo and just dropped 150 on three more boxes yesterday. And no I'm not giving out my source! Lol

I almost changed my barrel order last year to 6 Creed. The local scheels or north 40 always has factory ammo. Even during the middle of the season. And it's only 35 bucks for the high end loads.
And I have a lot of large rifle primers.

Also my kid will be 10 next year and I think a 6 Creed would be awesome for her.

I have a 243 and I really like it. But I've found that bullet selection for even deer is really important. So I'd guess the heavier 6 cal bullets are probably better out of a Creed?

Any thoughts? Thanks

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I burned 2 6 creed barrels out and it is one of my favorite rounds! Both barrels shot the Factory Hornady Match ammo very well! I shot a couple of elk with it and the 108 performed very well! I would highly recommend the 6 creed for a good 500-yard and in deer rifle!

With that being said make sure you have a new bolt if you are going from PRC to creed. PRC uses a Magnum bolt face (535) and creed uses the standard (473).

VernAK

WKR
I burned 2 6 creed barrels out and it is one of my favorite rounds! Both barrels shot the Factory Hornady Match ammo very well! I shot a couple of elk with it and the 108 performed very well! I would highly recommend the 6 creed for a good 500-yard and in deer rifle!

With that being said make sure you have a new bolt if you are going from PRC to creed. PRC uses a Magnum bolt face (535) and creed uses the standard (473).
I've worn out a couple 243s but switched to 6CM when I was able to get a couple Fieldcrafts. The 6CM and 243 have very similar performance but I find the 6CM friendlier to load. Factory 108 ELDM groups very well.

2five7

WKR
Another vote for the factory 108 ELD-M. I don't even try to handload for mine yet, the factory stuff shoots unbelievably well.

I built a 6.5 PRC last year and love that round. It's about perfect for prairie hunting. Until I try and buy ammo or primers for it . I have some ammo and just dropped 150 on three more boxes yesterday. And no I'm not giving out my source! Lol

I almost changed my barrel order last year to 6 Creed. The local scheels or north 40 always has factory ammo. Even during the middle of the season. And it's only 35 bucks for the high end loads.
And I have a lot of large rifle primers.

Also my kid will be 10 next year and I think a 6 Creed would be awesome for her.

I have a 243 and I really like it. But I've found that bullet selection for even deer is really important. So I'd guess the heavier 6 cal bullets are probably better out of a Creed?

Any thoughts? Thanks
I have a 6.5 PRC and a 6CM - two of my favorite rifles. I bought and mounted a new scope on the 6 last week and took it out to sight it in last friday. Every time I shoot it I wonder if I even need other rifles. No brake, no recoil, drives tacks. I shoot the factory ELDMs in mine. Its a fantastic round and I think this rifle is getting the nod for my spring bear hunts. Target is at 500 yards. There was a slight left to right breeze I didn’t hold or dial for. F8F71924-19BC-4E33-8FE7-71EC0553BE5C.jpegBAFBA119-B471-40A6-84C2-4FBAC0BAA9F5.jpeg

6 creed is a great round. Hornady 108 has shot great for me in a few rifles if you need a factory option
I have found 6 creed tends to stay on the shelves as well compared with other options

ofl0926

WKR
Reading this makes me want to add a 6mm creed to safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk