6 Creedmoor - anyone shooting it?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have been shooting 6 Creedmoor for competition for many years now. Great little cartridge. Have shot plenty of coyotes with it, and plan on using it for Coues deer in Arizona this year. What are your interests with a 6 CM?

I have a 6 cm as well. Awesome flat shooting coyote gun and prs match caliber. I push 108 eld-m at 3100. You can push them faster but that's what mine liked. I would feel very comfortable hunting deer size and down with it.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Have been shooting 6 Creedmoor for competition for many years now. Great little cartridge. Have shot plenty of coyotes with it, and plan on using it for Coues deer in Arizona this year. What are your interests with a 6 CM?
I am thinking of rebarreling my model 7 to 6 CM. Seems like a good fit for the rifle and I can see the 6 CM essentially replacing the .243 down the road. Ammo is already less expensive than my 7mm-08. I hand load, but inexpensive factory ammo is always a good sign something is going to stick around.

My Howa Alpine 7mm-08 covers basically all my hunting needs, so at this point I'm just looking for something a little different that will be a good range gun, but that I might take hunting from time to time too. The idea of using less powder and shooting something with light recoil is appealing for a day at the range.

Lawnboi

WKR
I want one, for a deer, coyote gun. Shooting a 243 made me a believer and as I see it the 6cm is what I wish my 243 would have been.

6cm isn’t going anywhere either, with its popularity for a match rifle lots of stuff available for it .

Varminterror

Lil-Rokslider
I spent a lot of money building custom fast twist 243 AI’s in the past and wasted time, money, and barrel life fireforming - all to do effectively the same thing I do with 6 creed today.

I have two 6 creeds currently, one stick shift and one gasser. I use mine for PRS competition mostly, but also for deer and coyote hunting. I’m planning to add a 3rd this year, another Defiance + Manners Compact + Proof carbon, 16” suppressed for calling coyotes and stalking deer.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Love it!! The Hornady 103 Eld-x fur saving quarter size hole very common on coyotes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

VernAK

WKR
I have two Fieldcrafts [one is suppressed] that I use for coyotes and wolves and may use it for caribou next fall.
I've worn out two 243s over the years but I find the 6CM much friendlier to load for. At least it seems that way.
I bought a box or Hornady factory ammo in 108 ELD Match and the first three shots touched.....WTH?......I'm loading about 40 grs of RL16 to duplicate that load and did no further load testing as it works....very well! I'm using Alpha Brass.

I have loaded a few 95gr LRX Barnes foor caribou but we have too much snow to get any range time for testing.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Great little rifle. We've shot a few elk, a couple of whitetails and a few yotes. Lots of fo rocks and steel too. It's so easy to shoot and very accurate.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve used it for everything the past two years . Nothing has went far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a 6mm CR but have shot a 6mm Remington for years. Velocities are almost identical with those two rounds and the 6mm Remington sure works well on coyotes, deer, antelope, and even a couple of elk. I think you would like that particular cartridge.

Yes, got one for WTs, m-deer, antelope, whatever. Mine has a 23” 3B in 1/8 twist that was pieced together last year. Only got 30 rounds of 103 eldx through it...still working on bullet preference...Thinking on load dev for 105 VLD. Eldx too finicky.

Am a big fan of the 6m cals - plenty till you need a 7m or bigger. A 6.5 CM appeals less when a 6 CM does it faster w/less recoil.

OP
Newtosavage
I thought I'd like my 6.5 Grendel more but it was a little less than what I prefer. Needed more velocity on game IMO. So I'm thinking the 6 CM might just be what I was looking for in the first place.

Ive been wanting to get a 6cm for my daughter the last bit. Seems like the perfect fit for a small framed shooter.

My then fiancé used this Ruger American Predator in 6mm Creed to take her very first animal last season. Heart shot at 285 yards with the factory 103ELDx had this buck down in 30 yards. She loved shooting that gun.. will probably end up with another at some point.

8d15578d503406b8078142fe5c5dafb6.jpg

ce9a3cddb10a124128a77c91b50aed17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk