60-75L bags with Mystery Ranch Guide Lite frame

tdpointer

FNG
Hey all,

First post here, but long time reader. I have a Mystery Ranch Pintler on the older Guide Lite frame that I'm a big fan of. It's treated me well for earlier season 1-2 night hunting trips, and was great packing out half an Elk (my buddy's). That being said, I think the ~40L bag would be too little for colder weather adventures, or solo trips where you can't split up gear.

Does anyone know if:
  • There's anyway to get a bag only option for the Metcalf, Beartooth, or Selway that fits on the older Guide Lite frame (I see you can now get the Beartooth on bag only, but with the new frame.
- or -
  • Whether there are other companies bags that fit with the older Guide Lite frame. Are there KUIU, Sitka, Kifaru, or other companies bags that might fit the frame.
Thanks for reading

fatlander

WKR
You can get a beartooth bag and the back to the future buckle kit.

If I were you, I’d buy this selway for the basically same amount of money. Then you’d have two different pack systems or you could sell one of the frames and recoup some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
tdpointer

tdpointer

FNG
Interesting... that's actually not a bad idea. Another question for you. I like the solid colors, but it looks like in the pics that the Optifade fabric may be different that the solids. Do you know if it's finish is quieter (e.g., when you brush against branches and such)?

Cheers,

fatlander

WKR
Interesting... that's actually not a bad idea. Another question for you. I like the solid colors, but it looks like in the pics that the Optifade fabric may be different that the solids. Do you know if it's finish is quieter (e.g., when you brush against branches and such)?

Cheers,

I’m not sure on the fabric difference, I don’t think there is any difference. As far as I know, it’s all 500D light plus cordura.

MR packs are great, but there’s no way I’d pay 325 for just the beartooth bag and buckle kit. That’s more expensive than pretty much any American made bags from other top tier companies. You can sell that frame for at least 200 bucks off the selway. MR packs go on sale pretty frequently at various places, blackovis has a great deal every year. I’d go with buying a whole system and selling the frame. A beartooth bag alone isn’t worth the coin the coin they’re asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Send rugged stitching a pm or look him upon Facebook. He does custom mods and could maybe make a new metcalf work on the old frame. OTOH I got my metcalf on sale after Xmas for $399.