$600-$900 to spend on a scope for a Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5CM

OP
targetpanic

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
If you shooting paper yes you probably need more magnification.
Most only shoot steel at long range.

Looks like the shv and the v4 are both what I'd say your after. But they are slightly higher then your budget.

Have you found any info on the meo your interested in.

Have you found the big v4 thread and review Jim Carr did on here?
I have read both Jim Carr and Ryan Furmans reviews of the Conquest V4 on here. I have not found many reviews of the Meopta Optika6. What I have found is very positive and the only complaints have been size, weight, tight eyebox. I am leaning towards the V4 right now...just trying to decide between the 4-16X50 and 6-24X50 and which reticle.
I tend to overthink things...this may be one of those times LOL

I have read both Jim Carr and Ryan Furmans reviews of the Conquest V4 on here. I have not found many reviews of the Meopta Optika6. What I have found is very positive and the only complaints have been size, weight, tight eyebox. I am leaning towards the V4 right now...just trying to decide between the 4-16X50 and 6-24X50 and which reticle.
I tend to overthink things...this may be one of those times LOL
If your punching paper and not hunting go with the 6-24
Not like you need to find the paper quickly because its gonna get away🤪

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
Optika 6 review can be found using the link below. Doug at Cameraland posted this link in a different thread on here. It gets to where you have to just look for the posts from the OP but from my perspective he does some very thorough testing.

Scottyboy

WKR
Natchez has a SFP Burris Veracity 3x15-50 for cheap. I recently grabbed on and will likely be getting another. It’s been flawless thus far in my limited use

OP
targetpanic

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the advice guys.
I ended up purchasing a Zeiss Conquest V4 6-24-50 T20-MOA illum reticle. Even though it's a busy reticle, the xmas tree dots are very subtle unless you are looking for them.
Can't wait to get the pieces and parts and put this rifle together.

i also have a bergera bmr. i have a vortex viper pst gen2 on mine. i know that that is outside of your price range but vortex does have a strike eagle 5-25x56, i got to shoot my buddies gun that he has one on and was thoroughly impressed by it

sbooher3

FNG
I've been looking at scopes in the $600-$900 range for a new Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5CM
The list of features I am looking for are Second focal plane, 30mm tube, MOA, 50mm objective and a reticle that isn't too busy. I don't shoot PRS matches, and have to work hard to find a place to shoot over 500yds. 100-300yds is available all the time.
The scopes I have on the short list are
1) Leupold VX3i-LRP 6.5-20X50 TMOA
2) Meopta Optika 6 4.5-27X50 BDC
3) Burris Signature HD 5-25X50 E3 MOA
4) Athlon Midas BTR Gen 2 4.5-27X50 AHMR SFP IRMOA

DO you guys have any reccomendations about these scopes? How would you rank them? Likes dislikes of each. I am really leaning towards the Meopta Optika. Am I missing something that I should really be looking at??
Zeiss V4 is a really nice scope also.

Foster_65

FNG
I have the Athlon midas TAC in 4-16. It's an incredible optic in my opinion. The glass is good, not a NF but the tracking has ALWAYS been spotless. My next purchase will hopefully be a Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
have done a fair bit of looking and i think this will be going on my new 280 ai. i like capped windage, and elevation for that matter. however my purposes are for hunting. the NF looks like a good option as well as i would prefer SFP. lots of option on this thread to explore, but would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with the Athlon tracking in particular?

have done a fair bit of looking and i think this will be going on my new 280 ai. i like capped windage, and elevation for that matter. however my purposes are for hunting. the NF looks like a good option as well as i would prefer SFP. lots of option on this thread to explore, but would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience with the Athlon tracking in particular?
I've been doing alot of research.
Couldn't really find any bad reviews on Athlon. But not much reviews in general.

I did look at a couple in person yesterday.

The lowest grade one had terrible mushy clicks.
The mid grade felt good.
They didn't have a cronus.
The cross hair reticle is thick. Id definitely get the floating center dot.

Busy reticle and ffp would eliminate it from a hunting scope for me unless that is specifically what your after.

I may sound like an Athlon fan boy but it's the only mainstream scope manufacturer that has yet to let me down.
Check out their website for the scopes with the feature set that will satisfy your needs, what you're looking for is the the erector system that's within 0.0001 in or something like that. Athlon uses a really good quality erector in their high end optic starting with the Midas line and it has been proven to track really well.
I'll drop 2 links of scope reviews that could make a good case for athlon.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I am over the moon with our two 4-14F1 SHVs and one 3-10 SHV. I think they both represent outstanding lifetime purchases for their respective lanes.

OP other then the LRTS/LRHS or SWFA, the Nightforce SHV should get all of your attention. Keep in mind that all but the 4-14x50 model are second focal plane if that matters to you.

400 yds or so. It wasn't even close to an issue.

It's the old model with no illumination and an MOAR reticle.
I’ve been trying to find that model ..... I think I may have issues shooting to 500 or so without having parallax adjustment .... not sure tho how it all works

woods89

WKR
I’ve been trying to find that model ..... I think I may have issues shooting to 500 or so without having parallax adjustment .... not sure tho how it all works
Guys shoot a long ways with the SWFA 3-9 and it doesn't have parallax adjustment. I'd buy one of the new versions if I needed one right now without worry.

I'd guess very few of the animals missed in this country are because of lack of parallax adjustment.

Guys shoot a long ways with the SWFA 3-9 and it doesn't have parallax adjustment. I'd buy one of the new versions if I needed one right now without worry.

I'd guess very few of the animals missed in this country are because of lack of parallax adjustment.
lol you have a point there .... the rifle I’m thinking about putting one on is a proof elevation I just don’t want to put a scope on a sub half moa gun and then have parallax error make it a 1-1.5 moa gun