600 Yard Knight Mountaineer .45 Cal 1:20 Twist

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
I took my 1:20 Twist .45 Cal Knight Mountaineer for a Stroll this morning, 600 Yard 8” Gong, .444-400 BACO Pure Lead Cupped Base Paper Patch Bullets in front of 70 “Weighed” Grains of Swiss 2F Powder, and my typical Oversize .50 Cal 1/8” Wool Felt Over Powder Wads Between. This Knight Mountaineer GETS WITH IT 👍 I’m hoping for 850 Yards my Next outing, Have to wait for people to Clear out of that Area before i can do it.

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! I miss shooting black powder. This might light a fire under my ass to go find one. Good shooting!

Jump back in it, This stuff is a BLAST To do 👍 Get yourself 1 of these Knight Mountaineers, Or their Ultra Light. You Won’t Regret it!!! This Mountaineer is as Nice, or Nicer than MANY High end Centerfire Rifles.

PantaRhei

FNG
Jump back in it, This stuff is a BLAST To do 👍 Get yourself 1 of these Knight Mountaineers, Or their Ultra Light. You Won’t Regret it!!! This Mountaineer is as Nice, or Nicer than MANY High end Centerfire Rifles.

I'll check it out! I loved shooting an old octagon barrel that my Dad made from a kit when I was a kid...Man have they come a long way since!

You won’t Regret a Knight Mountaineer, These are AWESOME Rifles!!

Just need to take the time to understand all of the different options.. I figured thumbhole with nitride barrel but not sure on 209 primer, plastic jacket, or western. Add to that you see a lot of people adding aftermarket stuff to these anyway.

Only hunting use I see in the next couple years is MN white tails and CO Muleys.

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious, how much does your bullet drop at that distance?

My Bullet was 378 inches, or 31.5 Feet above the Gong before it started its Descent to it. It took me 3 Shots to Figure it out, i shot a 4th Shot on Paper just for Good measure to make Sure i was on, Then moved to the Gong and Pounded on it. Nothing to it, But to do it!! 👍