600 Yard Sidelock “HOTROD” Renegade (Open sights)

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
I Decided to drag the Ole the 1-18 Twist Sidelock (The Business Rifle) Out and show it some love this Morning 👍 This is the Barrel That Idahoron Gifted me. This was the Exact same spot as i just Shot my Knight Mountaineer the other day, Right on 600 Yards. This Target was REALLY REALLY Difficult for me to See with my Naked eye, looking through the Peep helped, But even then i could Barely make it out. I wish i had been better prepared this morning with a Solid Color Backstop so i could have Repeated a Sight picture easier, This was EXTREMELY TOUGH!! Remember, an Official 600 Yard Open Sight Target has a Black Aiming Bull of 36 inches, My Gong Aiming bull is only 9 inches here!! I was stil able to get all 3 Hits on Target, They were to the Right of the Bull and in a Vertical String, measuring 14 inches. For the EXTREME POOR visibility Conditions i was Happy with ANY Hit on the Gong. I need to get back out with an OFFICIAL target and Shoot a Group, I was going for Video footage this morning, Shooting a Paper Target doesn’t make for fun Video

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
For Comparison, Here is a Quick Vid Clip of me Zoomed in on an OFFICIAL 600 Yard Open Sight Target (MR-1C) The Black Aiming Bull is 36 inches, This is what the Competition Shooters are Shooting at When competing at 600 Yards. The Black Aiming Bull on my 20” Square Gong is only 9 inches, GIANT Difference!! I wish i had Zoomed out here so you could See it all the way out, This was me getting Dialed in for my Gong

Last edited:
I have both my fathers and grandfathers Renegades. Would love to rebarrel one of them for long range stuff. If i remeber they are only 1-28 twist? Both have killed alot of deer!

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
I have both my fathers and grandfathers Renegades. Would love to rebarrel one of them for long range stuff. If i remeber they are only 1-28 twist? Both have killed alot of deer!

If they are Factory Stock Renegades they would have 1:48 Twist Barrels 👍 Jim Carpenter in St Maries can Build whatever Barrel/Twist you want, he does AWESOME work and is Reasonably priced.

OP
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
I forgot to mention my Gong above, It is a 20” Square piece of 1/2” Thick AR500 Steel, This thing weighs 60 Something pounds! I really wish i had went with the 3/8” Stuff, I would have gotten more Swing, and a Better “Ring” out of it.