68 Days and counting for Elk Season to being in Idaho....who is getting excited!!!

Have a great hunt! I'm doing the countdown, but mine got extended. Please keep the pictures and posts coming for those of us that are jonesing.

Slim Jim

WKR
Here in NV it starts August 25th for archery. 56 days for me! Got a tag in my pocket and I'm going scouting in 20 days for a full week. Can't flipping wait!

Logan T

WKR
I'm ready!! My father and I went out to a spot we go hunting in every once in a while and did an overnighter. We got there pretty late with only an hour and a half of daylight left, but it was pretty unbelievable- we saw 27 different bulls in this hellhole area, most were small bulls but there were half a dozen I would love to get on come september!

Finally got to use the Megatarp for the first time as well!

Most of them were across the hellhole on the far ridge, but anywhere there was grass in the picture, there was a group of bulls.

This is a terrible picture, but I do not have a digiscoping set up so its all free handing it and they are a long ways out

H'n'F

Lil-Rokslider
I'm packing in Sept. 6th and I can't wait for my first solo elk hunt. I was out scouting Sunday and Monday and did find a herd of 12-15 but all were cows and calves, no bulls to be seen. I did 20 miles in 36 hours with my full pack and my legs just finally feel normal again today.

Attachments

• DSC_0730.jpg
    DSC_0730.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0743.jpg
    DSC_0743.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_0855.jpg
    DSC_0855.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0823.jpg
    DSC_0823.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 38

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider

Those are some awesome pics. I am so pumped for elk. Nothing compares. I love N. Idaho and am always wondering why the elk herds there are so much better than across the state line in Wa. I think Idaho manages for elk and Washington manages for deer. Good luck this year.

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
I'm ready!! My father and I went out to a spot we go hunting in every once in a while and did an overnighter. We got there pretty late with only an hour and a half of daylight left, but it was pretty unbelievable- we saw 27 different bulls in this hellhole area, most were small bulls but there were half a dozen I would love to get on come september!

Finally got to use the Megatarp for the first time as well!

Most of them were across the hellhole on the far ridge, but anywhere there was grass in the picture, there was a group of bulls.

This is a terrible picture, but I do not have a digiscoping set up so its all free handing it and they are a long ways out

Thats a real sweet tarp. I am looking for a new tarp for my hammock hunting elk adventures this year. I am looking at the Superfly but that Megatarp looks quite nice.

Washington manages for rifle hunters IMO which means quantity over quality. I have a trail camera soaking right now in my elk unit.

littlebuf

Banned
39 days 12 hours 49 min and 8 seconds as of this post until elk season. but whos counting

littlebuf

Banned
leave for a three day bear trip in 36days 1 hour 18 min and 16 seconds. but again im not really paying attention to when it all kicks off..

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
leaving the trail head Aug 29...bull elk tag in my pocket..35 days

35 days??? I could only dream of having that many days to elk hunt. Where I work you max at 2 weeks vacation AND you can not take more than 1 week at a time. I have even tried to buy vacation time to no avail. Good for you Rodney.

rodney482

WKR
35 days??? I could only dream of having that many days to elk hunt. Where I work you max at 2 weeks vacation AND you can not take more than 1 week at a time. I have even tried to buy vacation time to no avail. Good for you Rodney.

I have 6 weeks vacation... but only using 14 days for the Elk hunt

35 days to go until I will be hunting

Jager

WKR
Awesome TC pics Ross, where they snapped in the areas you will be hunting, I hope so, a couple of great trophies in there for sure.