6L or 10L Dromedary?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would go with 6L, especially if you have to pack it with water in it. 6L is at least two days worth of water generally, which is a pretty good storage of water.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have a 6 liter dromlite. I have been using the dromlite for years and really like it for places where getting to water is a bit of a PITA and the 6L keeps me from having to get it every day to every other day or every third day for camp water. In fact I have two 6L dromlites now as 2 6L dromlites still lighter than one 10L dromedary, granted not as cheap though.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I have a 6 liter dromlite. I have been using the dromlite for years and really like it for places where getting to water is a bit of a PITA and the 6L keeps me from having to get it every day to every other day or every third day for camp water. In fact I have two 6L dromlites now as 2 6L dromlites still lighter than one 10L dromedary, granted not as cheap though.

Good point. No regrets with durability on Dromelite?

I will be using the Hiker Pro. Do I filter at water source to fill bladder or fill the bladder with dirty water and just pump it from bladder to Camelbak? Then I would have to take water from Camelbak to cook with. I think I just answered my own question which leads me to another one.

I have a quick connect for backfilling my Camelbak. Is there an adapter to couple my filter to bladder?

cmeier117

WKR
I would go 6. I have the 10 liter Dromedary and that thing is a tank, you could drag it behind a truck for 10 miles and would still hold water. I am splitting it with my dad. But for solo I would say 6L Dromlite.

BuckSnort

WKR
I have been using the 6L bag and a PUR Hiker for over 10 years... Filling a 6L is a lot of pumping and gets old over a 5+ day trip... This year I copied Luke and Becca's system and bought a Sawyer in line and attached it to a Platypus Big Zip.... I will be letting gravity fill my drom bag from now on... As soon as I had the new system in my hands and saw how well it worked I was wishing I had it years ago....

slim9300

WKR

Or you could be like me and buy a 10L DromLite that weighs in at 4.7 ounces. The only problem is that you can't buy them anymore. ;)

Lawnboi

WKR
6L dromlight will be a little lighter. the regular drom bags are bullet proof, id have a hard time puncturing one with a knife

10l would be nice to have if you are in camp with more than just yourself, the 6l should be way more than enough for you for a while!

The drom bags are by far the way to go as far as water storage and bladders. Much much stronger than your camelbak, platy, and source. Iv popped too many of the said brands. I trust my drom bags almost as much as i do a nalgene.

Last edited: