6mm builders with Defiance actions

Time once again to “ask an expert”. That’d be YOU if you have built a 6mm (or anything) on a Defiance action for all around target plinking & hunting use. Please tell me more, & Happy Thanksgiving too.

Last edited:
OP
Go West Old Man
Not really sure what the question is here, but I’ve got a Defiance Ruckus with a Proof prefit in 6CM. It was screwed together this spring, and I’ve only shot the same lot of factory Hornady 108 ELDM ammo through it.
@TK-421 ,thanks! Looks like you nailed it. Not so much a question, but just interested in hearing what others have done & of course if you’re immensely pleased with the Defiance. I’m spec’ing a 6mm CM build now. Pictures always appreciated.

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
I'll second the Ruckus action. My kids has been without issue, lots of dust, wet conditions, and overall abuse has been thrown at it. Buy with confidence. We've used 1 prefit 6cm and 2 dashers spun up.

I have a 6 Creedmoor on an anti x with a Brux sitting in an XLR Element 4.0
It is such a great little round. Easy to load and fun to shoot.
I went with a shorter freebore, something like 170 but I can't remember
Shooting the Berger 109

Full build by Shaen @Shooter71 I liked the 1st one so much had him do another ;) Only difference is one has a green Proof stock and the other is a brown one which also has Birdsong Black T coating on the action. Both now have the NXS scopes.

Specs:

Defiance Machine Rebel short action, sheep cut port, extra deep flutes on bolt, Remington style bolt handle with teardrop bolt knob
Proof Research carbon fiber stock
Bartlein #4 contour carbon wrapped barrel, 1-8.5" twist, finished @ 22.5"
TriggerTech primary trigger
Hawkins aluminum BDL with Wyatts mag box/spring/follower
Talley Lwt lows
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10-42 scope
Rifle only weighs just under 6lbs.
Don't think I have any target pics but it loves 120 grain Ballistic Tip ammo - works great for hunting:)

OP
Go West Old Man
6CM
Defiance Ruckus GA Hunter
Manners LRH
Bartlein 20" #13 CFW barrel, 7.5 twist
TT Special
APA RTG DBM
Hawkins Hunter mag
Using TBAC Ultra 7 with it.

Loves the Berger ammo with 105 hybrids

Gunsmithing and bedding done by Shaen @Shooter71

View attachment 480979
Looks nice! Got specs today on pairing a Bartlein ss #13 Rem. varmit Sendero cut to 20” or 22” with a nitrided Ruckus Tactical.

A little sticker shock, but hey it’s almost Christmas and like Cousin Eddie said, “ If it wouldn’t be too much I’d like to get something for you Clark. ….Something real nice.” 😆