6mm Creedmoor or 25-06?

wapitibob

WKR
I shot an antelope buck years ago with a borrowed 25-06 at less than 100 yards. The bullet hit a rib, went down the rib and across the sternum, then up the rib on the other side, stopping about 1/2 way up. A nice track around the chest, never entering it. The bullet casing was between the rib and hide, and the same thickness and dia as a dime. A follow up shot as he started to get up got it done. I have not considered that caliber since.

amassi

WKR
Im debating rebarreling my 280ai Montana or sell it and buy something like a Browning Hells Canyon Speed. Or just buy something cheaper like the Ruger.
If rebarreling any thought to 6.5x280ai? You already have the brass

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

three5x5s

WKR
First new rifle I bought was a Ruger M77 6mm (1980s). Sorry I traded it. Wish I could have afforded a Fieldcraft in 6mm CM before they dried up.

Easy choice. 6 Creed.

Less powder, recoil, muzzle blast, wind deflection, case stretch/trimming.
Short action
Factory ammo with decent BC
Lapua, Peterson, ADG brass options.

ericwh

WKR
I shot an antelope buck years ago with a borrowed 25-06 at less than 100 yards. The bullet hit a rib, went down the rib and across the sternum, then up the rib on the other side, stopping about 1/2 way up. A nice track around the chest, never entering it. The bullet casing was between the rib and hide, and the same thickness and dia as a dime. A follow up shot as he started to get up got it done. I have not considered that caliber since.
That is one magic loogie!

You all are wrong he needs a 6mm Remington! Come on guys. Fast and flat shooting. Great deer, antelope, coyote cartridge. I do like the 25-06 though too and as stated previously by others, it's a classic.

Sounds like bullet issue and not the cartridge.

OP
MuleyFever
You all are wrong he needs a 6mm Remington! Come on guys. Fast and flat shooting. Great deer, antelope, coyote cartridge. I do like the 25-06 though too and as stated previously by others, it's a classic.

I didn’t see 5 different kinds of 6mm REM ammo on the shelf last week though.

I didn’t see 5 different kinds of 6mm REM ammo on the shelf last week though.
Oh I know that and can believe it. It's just such a great cartridge that it sure deserves to get some recognition for that. Remington sure messed up when they came out with it originally, but we all know that story about how they messed up!

As a side note if anything I ever say sounds snarky or offensive or overly dramatic it is completely meant in fun. I just love the cartridge and will always have one.
David

Tradchef

WKR
I’ve shot them both a lot and both are nice but I like the 25-06 personally. No issues on game and accuracy is fantastic. I just took this guy last week with my 25-06. To each their own

Attachments

• 99E0E536-2EB5-4347-A70C-6BA5AF1ACEAA.jpeg
    99E0E536-2EB5-4347-A70C-6BA5AF1ACEAA.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 24
I would like to get a rifle that would be good for deer sized game and for practice. Would you go with a 6mm CM or the 25-06 and why?
I had both for a while, now I only have the 6CM. My 25-06 was M700 Sendero SFII - way cool gun, but I was limited to 115 bergers with weak BCs. I think the 6CM is superior ballistically and they all come with at least a 1:8 twist. The creedmoor is so much more versatile and bullets have higher bcs on the heavy end.