6mm Creedmoor reloading......SRP or LRP?

Jimbee

WKR
Ordered a 6mmCM barrel to replace a .270 barrel on a stainless Tikka. Going to start preparing brass and I have Hornady once fired 6.5cm LRP brass or Lapua 6.5cm SRP brass to use. Any suggestions? It's a 7 twist, 19" tikka profile flared for 5/8 threads. Planning on shooting 108 eldms.
Thanks

amassi

WKR
If only burning 40 grains of powder, is that still a potential issue?
Nope
But I use cci 450 Sr mags in creedmoor cases. Never had an issue when I was using fed 205ms but they're pretty rare now a days

ID_Matt

WKR
Nope
But I use cci 450 Sr mags in creedmoor cases. Never had an issue when I was using fed 205ms but they're pretty rare now a days
I have used the 450's in a creed and dasher and never had a problem but the coldest I have shot was a PRS match that was probably down in the teens for temp.

ljalberta

WKR
I thought 6mm cm SRP was one of the halted production cases. I could be wrong, but it might be worth checking to ensure supply is not an issue if you choose that route.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I've seen SRP in stock a lot more than LRP as of late, that might contribute. I've had good luck with both IMR and H4831 in 6 Creed, switching to 4350 though it seems to be pretty optimal across the board with the creeds.

I thought 6mm cm SRP was one of the halted production cases. I could be wrong, but it might be worth checking to ensure supply is not an issue if you choose that route.

It seems OP is planning on necking down 6.5 brass he already has on hand.

@Jimbee - I assume you've looked into neck clearance and the possibility of needing to turn necks if things are too tight after necking down? I'd definitely just source 6CM headstamp brass if you can.

Harvey_NW

WKR

ljalberta

WKR

@Jimbee - I assume you've looked into neck clearance and the possibility of needing to turn necks if things are too tight after necking down? I'd definitely just source 6CM headstamp brass if you can.
Whoops. I suppose I should work on my reading skills.

OP
Jimbee

Jimbee

WKR

I'm trying to justify this project by telling myself that this will be a great rifle for my 15 year old son and using some components I already have. I didn't think it would be much of an issue to neck down some brass I already had, but haven't looked into it much. I could be talked into buying proper brass if it makes more sense.