6mm for big game

LRH right
I've never used his bullets but I will say its super annoying how they push hammer bullets and Sherman wildcats in literally every thread.
Seriously I'm so freaking tired of every post ending in "build a Sherman it'll outperform everything ", or "shoot hammers they kill at 2500 yards"
Well I built a 30 Sherman mag just to see, and with apples to apples comparisons it was only a 50 fps gain. Not even close to worth it
Exactly - somebody would ask if they should go with a 156 berger or 147gr eldm and it wouldnt be more than 4 or 5 posts in that somebody would scream “hammer bullets.” I drank the koolaid briefly and loaded some for a 28 nosler. I had to adjust my BC from the stated .62 or whatever to .45. Apparently Litz had the BC close to mine with this particular hammer bullet, but Steve flipped out and started claiming he knew more about BCs than than Litz does...and that is when I realized he is an arrogant Ahole.

Shermans are just as bad. Someone starts a thread asking if they should go with a 30-06 or 270 and specifically state they don’t reload and will only shoot factory ammo - 3 or 4 posts in somebody starts screaming build a sherman! I had to stop frequenting LRH because of this nonsense.

OP
MuleyFever
Would the 105gn Scenar be worth trying? What is the difference from the Scenar to the Scenar-L?

woods89

WKR
Interesting thread. I don't have a 6mm but it sure looks like there are a plethora of good bullets available. If I had one I'd trying TMK's/Bergers/ ELD-Ms.

I used the 6.5 130 gr TMKs on two whitetails this year and they were almost overkill.......

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Have been using 103eldx and wondering if anyone has used the GameChangers yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk