6p tent

Looking to get a 6p tent for me and my son. Cots and gear. Not hiking with it , would be truck camping.

I wanted the cabelas guide tent but it looks like cabelas has gone down hill since buying bass pro and sportsman.

what would you guys recommend?

mtbn

FNG
I've been happy with the Browning Glacier Extreme 6 from Sportsmans Warehouse for 4 years or so. Very durable, bad weather tent and easy to heat with a Big Buddy heater. 2 cots and gear work pretty well.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 that I use and can recommend, the REI Base Camp 6 and the Kodiak Canvas 10x14. If it is just 2 of yall you could probably use the 10x10.

mcseal2

WKR
We are happy with our Cabelas Instinct alaskan guide tent. Slept 3 on cots fine, approximately 10’x10’.

A tipi makes a lot of sense for later season. 3 on cots would be tight with a stove in our 8 man. I’d go bigger for truck camping with 3.

The cabelas tent is better for high winds and bugs, but weighs almost double what the seek tipi does. The tipi is great for normal use when bugs aren’t an issue. Its good in wind, but doesn’t have the heavy frame of the tent.