6x7 montana bull

Mthunter

FNG
Finally on the 13th day of my hunt I scored. I was after a Huge 6x7 that I had spotted. I lost sight of him as he headed into the timber. I went in trying to cut him off, when I heard some crashing and banging sounds. I started running straight to the unmistakable noise of antlers crashing together. I was shocked to see that the huge bull I was after was now locked in battle with another equally impressive bull. As soon as they seperated I got my kill shot in at 40 yards. My buddy Dewy was able to see him from his vantage point and signaled to me that he fell approx. 100 yards from where I had taken the shot. I have never seen two bulls fighting until then, Unbelievable!...... My wife and I scored him at 375 1/8 gross.

Attachments

• DSC00321.jpg
    DSC00321.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 361
  • DSC00318.jpg
    DSC00318.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 337

Yukondog

WKR
Great bull! It most have been a rush to be that close to a battle and then take your shot once the battle was over. Aweaome experience I'm sure.

Matt

OP
M

Mthunter

FNG
It was a rush. I missed three times. I don't know if it was my nerves or them pushing each other around so much. After I shot and the ran off the other let me get around 80 yards away. With no breath left in him.