7.6 lb Sako/Meopta Combo.

mt100gr.

WKR
That's the clean-cut twin to my 7.7 lb 6.5CM T3x in a Southfort Labs stock with a Nightforce in Hawkins hybrid rings!! Good looking rifle. 20200222_215704.jpg

Is that the rifle you threatened to rebarrel?

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Yeah this is the rifle I considered getting a 2” longer barrel on. It’s looking like with some better hand loads I should be able to up the velocities and keep the factory barrel (which I’d prefer).

mt100gr.

WKR
Yeah this is the rifle I considered getting a 2” longer barrel on. It’s looking like with some better hand loads I should be able to up the velocities and keep the factory barrel (which I’d prefer).
The T3x superlite has the 24.3 inch barrel and while it can get some pretty impressive velocities for the Creedmoor, I'd actually prefer your 20 incher! I have another 20 inch Tikka in 6.5 that shoots the 140 class bullets at a very decent speed.

It's funny that Sako puts some lengths on the Sako models, some on the T3x lites, some on the superlites, but very little overlap with one common barrel length on various models between the 2 brands.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The T3x superlite has the 24.3 inch barrel and while it can get some pretty impressive velocities for the Creedmoor, I'd actually prefer your 20 incher! I have another 20 inch Tikka in 6.5 that shoots the 140 class bullets at a very decent speed.

It's funny that Sako puts some lengths on the Sako models, some on the T3x lites, some on the superlites, but very little overlap with one common barrel length on various models between the 2 brands.

Yeah they are all over the place with their barrels. My T3X Superlite in .22-250 has the 22.4” barrel.

OP
mxgsfmdpx

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Here’s a grouping out of this rifle from earlier this week. I cleaned it, took it apart, and replaced the factory trigger spring with a YoDave. So I wanted to make sure everything was still dialed in.

I was up against the clock after work trying to get set up before dark so I wasn’t exactly taking my time. I didn’t even set up my bench, I just laid prone on a towel in the grass. Burned one round and then went straight to the grouping. I didn’t let the barrel cool down it was 7 straight shots no rest time

200 yard zero 6 shot group. 3/8” maximum spread left to right. 3/4” maximum spread top to bottom. Maximum diagonal spread center to center is 7/8”.

Not too shabby of a little rig here.

1178EEDF-EE32-4F65-AE49-A328F91CC9D0.jpeg