7-8” non insulated hiker for flat lander?

JDJHNTR

FNG
I’m looking for a lightweight non insulated 7-8” hiker that has plenty of flex and waterproof.
I just purchased the Crispi Guide GTX for a taller boot but hunting here in the MS. Delta they’re probably a little too stiff but I’ll use them out west. Anyway, I’m looking for an early season hiker with decent support also. I e read everything search brought up so thought I’d just ask. Thanks everyone!

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Schnees Kestrel boots. I spend a lot of time in trail running shoes and found I don't really like stiff boots. The Kestrels are plenty flexible and didn't need much break in time at all.

OP
J

JDJHNTR

FNG
Did the crispi guide fit your foot well? If so go for the crispi Nevada.
I generally wear a 10W but bought these in a 10.5W based off what others said and they fit well with mid to heavyweight socks. Would probably buy the hikers in a 10W to use with lightweight socks.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m looking for a lightweight non insulated 7-8” hiker that has plenty of flex and waterproof.
I just purchased the Crispi Guide GTX for a taller boot but hunting here in the MS. Delta they’re probably a little too stiff but I’ll use them out west. Anyway, I’m looking for an early season hiker with decent support also. I e read everything search brought up so thought I’d just ask. Thanks everyone!

Check out our Kestrel or Timberline boots. Should be perfect for you.
- matt

IronM

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi Lapponia here. Picked up a pair this fall and hunted in CO. My feet do not enjoy overly stiff boots and these have ample flex, ankle support and love how light they are.

Nothing but good things to say about my Lowa Renegades. Love 'em.

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Crispi Attiva mid. It’s the taller one. Lightweight, vortex, I have about a hundred miles on mine since this summer and they wear like iron.

peterk123

WKR
Just got some more in. Honestly, they sell out super fast!

Matt
Matt, I keep looking at these. Is there much of a difference when compared to my uninsulated beartooths? I have used the beartooths all year long so far. Eventually I want to replace my Oboz Bridgers, which have horrible soles. They just get too slick in certain conditions and offer very little support for hiking. The Beartooths have kind of become my everyday hiking boots, even for the short one or two mile jaunts.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Matt, I keep looking at these. Is there much of a difference when compared to my uninsulated beartooths? I have used the beartooths all year long so far. Eventually I want to replace my Oboz Bridgers, which have horrible soles. They just get too slick in certain conditions and offer very little support for hiking. The Beartooths have kind of become my everyday hiking boots, even for the short one or two mile jaunts.

They are very different boots. Besides the obvious difference in height, they have different midsoles, outsoles, internal chassis, hardware, leather, etc.. The beartooths are at least twice as stiff. Think of them like your Bridgers on steroids and built for mountain abuse.

For me, the Kestrels have been great archery season boots. I've worn them from prairie to around 10k feet and they've been solid. - matt

peterk123

WKR
They are very different boots. Besides the obvious difference in height, they have different midsoles, outsoles, internal chassis, hardware, leather, etc.. The beartooths are at least twice as stiff. Think of them like your Bridgers on steroids and built for mountain abuse.

For me, the Kestrels have been great archery season boots. I've worn them from prairie to around 10k feet and they've been solid. - matt
Ha... I actually don't feel like the beartooths are stiff. Going to have to swing by the store one day and try the kestrels.